Domain registrations (.com): $2.95 a year

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by topsites, Feb 10, 2006.

1. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I was looking for 5 dollar deals, that would've made me happy...
    But then I found this deal: 1 year is 2.95, 2 years for 5.90 but be careful it jumps on the 3-year price to 14.95 !

Anyway, here's the link:

2. topsites

Having problems assigning nameservers, thou they do have a 1-800 number which is nice.
    Bit of a menu and a hold-time, but it's not a circle jerk and you do get to speak to an actual company employee in the end.
    Also they changed the tune, it's now only 2.95 for 1 year, all in all you get what you pay for, it does work but you spend time on the phone because they *really* wanted you to order hosting as well (which I don't need).
    Just thought I'd mention this, I dislike having probs with accounts of any kind, thou I will add that domain registration and the whole thing with the dns issues is always a pita for me.

And for all that, now Yahoo has 2.99 / year regs:

but 1Web Hosting and Merchant Solutions discount offers are open to new customers that purchase Web Hosting Starter or Merchant Solution Starter plans and apply for 3 months after which the then current monthly or annual fees will be charged. Domains, Web Hosting, and Merchant Solutions discount fee offers expire on and must be redeemed prior to 3/8/2006.
  3. topsites

All in all, I really can't complain thou... Having said what I said about you get what you pay for, I have found even with more expensive registrars, it's still always a royal pita with the dns transfers and what have you.

In the end, a phonecall fixed things (length of call: 52 minutes), and it didn't take much longer than any other domain name service provider I've dealt with before. The person(s) (it took 2 calls, wrong menu option the first time) on the other end of the line was courteous, and assisted nicely.

Now awaiting dns resolution, plus adding the domain name to the server still needs to finalize (this takes hours as well, don't ask).

Recommend Ipower for domain name registrations, thou the 2.99 deal is fast going away.