1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Domain Transferring

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by silverado212, Feb 22, 2010.

1. silverado212

silverado212 LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone transferred their Domain Name? I have a website, but thinking of taking it elsewhere for a more professional look. Would need to change registrar. How hard and what does it involve?
  2. alternative

alternative LawnSite Senior Member

ITs simple actually.. Go here and use alternative as the promo code (if asked) and it will give you Free Domain transfer and more. Great site and Tons of free stuff. They make it seamless and simple.
    Check it out...

Last edited: Feb 23, 2010
  3. PR Fect

PR Fect LawnSite Bronze Member

We transferred our domain name form Go Daddy to Homestead (Intuit). Had to jump threw a few hoops but in the end It was not real hard. I would think it depends on who you host with. They all have their rules. PR
  4. Turboguy

Turboguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Why do you need to change the registar? Domain Registration and Domain hosting are two seperate and independent things. You can just repoint your domain with whatever registrar you are using.

If you want to change that is fine and it is easier than it used to be but if you are changing just because of hosting it is your choice if you wish to or now.
  5. Jb3NH

Jb3NH LawnSite Member

its not hard at all. can i plug hostgator again?