Don’t you guys hate…

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by G-father, Sep 29, 2003.

1. G-father

G-father LawnSite Member

Man I get so mad some times when people put trash all over the lawns that I maintain. This includes cans, cigarette boxes, broken glass bottles, and my personal favorite a wadded up Kleenex (it looks so innocent in the grass) but when you go over it a million little pieces come flying out the side :angry: .

Oh well life goes on.

2. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

The things I hate the most are packaging peanuts, used condoms, and tampons!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :angry: :realmad: :realmad: :gunsfirin

3. fivestarlawnken

fivestarlawnken LawnSite Senior Member

I think lawncare3 sums it up except golf balls!!!! I can shoot them out of the mower better than hitting them

4. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

you forgot about jimmy hats.i had one thrown in my face once.the best is when your mowing and people drive by and throw stuff out there windows onto the lawn.man i hate that

5. pcnservices

pcnservices LawnSite Senior Member

Once went over a broken beer bottle (stupid) and cut the front tire.
    I hate toys lying around in the yard - tennis balls make a nice loud noise when you go over them.

6. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Paper in general is bad! Worth the time picking up. Toys are my worst enemy for they get missed offten and shoot out like a missle.
    Oh poor papa bear did you see him come through the kitchen window. Im sorry. PICK THEM UP NEXT TIME!

Other than that sore subject I will let the rest go.

Hope you all have a good night.

7. Rustic Goat

Rustic Goat LawnSite Bronze Member

1= animal remains

2= poop

3= wire of any kind

Not always in this order, depends on what I've hit the latest!

8. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

Can't stand people who litter. Can't count the times I've watched someone throw garbage out their window, and had to pick it up and hand it back to them. While handing it back to them I say something along the lines of, "That's a $5000 minimum fine if I see it happen again, and I will turn you in". How hard is it to keep a trash bag in your car and empty it once a day. Another is people who toss cigarette buts, or empty their ash trays in parking lots or on the side of roads. Just a note........this is comming from a smoker. Litter is litter; no matter how big or small.......it all adds up.

Sorry it's a little off the subject, but just needed to vent after handing a McDonalds bag back to a dumb redneck after he threw it out the window at a red light.

9. Ax Man

Ax Man LawnSite Senior Member

lotto tickets and cigarette packages. probably come from the same window.

10. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I always mail out a reminder to new and current customers about trash that needs to be picked up in the yard. If they don't pick it up we charge them a trash pickup fee.