1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Donaldson filter

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 1stclasslawns, Jan 9, 2001.

1. 1stclasslawns

1stclasslawns LawnSite Senior Member

I would like to put a donaldson filter on my great dane but noone around here can find out the part #s it is of course a 25 hp kohler.
    Thanks Jim
  2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Is that a horizontal or veriticle shaft engine? I'm not sure if this will help, but Dixie Chopper sells the Donaldson filter and turbo air cleaner for the 25 Kohler.
  3. 1stclasslawns

1stclasslawns LawnSite Senior Member

Vert shaft. I am also pleased to announce we now have a Dixie Chopper dealer inmy town now.
  4. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Go ahead and trade for one that already has it on there. You'll be glad you did!

5. tlcgrounds

tlcgrounds LawnSite Member

Exmark also offer the Donaldson upgrade for about $150.00
  6. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

My toro dealer has the upgrade but its around 231 dollars. Kinda steep.
  7. lawman

lawman LawnSite Member

Does these filtes realy help for all that extra cash spent.
  8. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

Yes they are! The time saved on washing the foam pre filter alone was worth it. If you wash it out 2 to 3 times per week that equals a couple hours per month.
    The outer filter last about 200-300 hours and the inner filter all season 500+.
  9. Stonewall

Stonewall LawnSite Senior Member

I wouldn't crank my mower without a Donaldson on it. Buy it! You'll be glad you did.
  10. Yes they are worth the extra money and well worth it. My inner filter still looks like new. I clean the first filter out on a regular basis.