Done for 2007!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DixieFerris, Dec 2, 2007.

1. DixieFerris

DixieFerris LawnSite Senior Member

Finished our last couple of residential touch ups this yesterday (16 degrees!) and winterized and stored away all the equipment today! Just a great season up here in the Albany/Saratoga Springs area, we hit our goals (growth and gross), already signed some new deals for next year and found two additional workers for 2008 and its time to relax and do some post mortum numbers and bookwork. And we are supposed to get 6-12" tomorrow of snow, so I am going out to the shop tonight to fire up the snowmobile and make sure she is ready to play! Happy Holidays everyone!

2. TREEGUARD

TREEGUARD LawnSite Senior Member

:clapping:congrats to u still have about 10 days to go down here. we got a little snow today only 1" but thats enough to stop us for a couple of days.

Happy holidays

3. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

In Oregon, it's hard to imagine what it's like doing lawn / landscape work in your area.

Not much I do different here in winter, except staying off the roads in the evening until after the holidays end.

4. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

I thought I was done, But a new customer for next year cled and wants a clean-up. Gotta have that Christmas money. so I can't start hibernation till Tues :)

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

2 inches of snow here over the weekend...my work came to a grinding halt.

6. siklid1066

siklid1066 LawnSite Member

I need 14 working days to complete here in N.Y.

7. B & B Yardscape

B & B Yardscape LawnSite Member

Finished a 250' x 4' boulder retaining wall on Sat at 5:30 with the snow coming down. I have one leaf clean up for a friend and then I can sit and wait for the snow to come.

Great Year over all.

Signed all the mowing contracts for next season and got a large mowing bid for the City I do a lot of work for. Should be a great next year also.

8. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

good luck with this weather lately :dizzy:

9. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

I feel for you Rod, that stinks. We got about 1" here yesterday, but with the rain last night, it melted almost everything away. I was able to do a small stone job this morning, and this afternoon, my guys are back to doing leaves. I need at least two to three weeks to finish everything, that seems doubtful though.
    On a positive note, I remember I believe 2003, we got a big snow on December 5th, and were stopped for about two weeks. Then we got a warm spell, the snow melted, and we were back out doing leaves into the first week of Jan. So keep your fingers crossed, it most likely will get better for you:waving:

10. prizeprop

prizeprop LawnSite Senior Member

I remember, we were fortunate to finish by noon that year and doing snow that night.We have about 70 cleanups left, most will be light, so we probably need about 6-7 days of decent weather.I just want to get done and relax.