Done for the season???

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by SlimJim Z71, Feb 20, 2001.

1. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 LawnSite Senior Member

As much as I hate to say it... it's not looking like I'll be doing any more plowing this season. I know there's still a month or so left of winter, but it's looking pretty grim. Temps are staying fairly warm, and then dropping to VERY cold. But it seems as though whenever there's precipitation around, the temps go back up. It's driving me nuts! I think it's getting to be time to start focusing on what I'm going to do for summer work.

-Tim

2. you're right, better focussing on summertime. And if the snow come, i think you're more than ready to deal with it.

Denis

p.s. are you still planning on sweeping?
    BTw if you did'nt got a lot of snow this winter, may be some bizz will go out of the games and this will bring you some new contract for next years!

3. plowjockey

plowjockey LawnSite Senior Member

Denis
    I agree with your statement about some operators going out of business. Myself I'm not going anywhere...not going skiing, not going out plowing, not going much of anywhere but back to storage with the surplus salt etc.
    Oh yeah I guess I am still going to my day job. G.M. has this odd idea about me being there every day to get paid a full check. LOL
    Tim unfortunately I think I agree with your assessment.

Bruce

4. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER LawnSite Member

I know what you mean Slimjim, it looks like the oldman is taking an early exit this year. What really burns me is that I keep reading about how large parts of the country are above average with snowfall. Boston is at 22" for the season but our average is 41" :mad: ! To top it off it was 54 today .

5. RB

RB LawnSite Senior Member

It looks like it time to start early spring clean-ups.

I do want to take the time to say thank you to everyone. My first year plowing was a success in part to the great advise I received from this forum.

Ron

6. 66Construction

66Construction LawnSite Member

JD Plower

I'm in Albany same situation yearly avg about 64" got about 32-34". The farmers almanac predicts a lot of snow in April. It actualy says as much as fell in the rest of the winter will fall in April. I dont know if this is gonna play out or if the farmers had a littlt JD before they wrote it but I hope they're right. It was in the low 50's here today too. I finaly took the plow off my truck I think I only used it twice since the end of December.

7. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

Gentlemen-store the salt,pack everything away-put the plow setup in the back corner of the shop,wash it all down.I guarantee you you'll get blasted the day after you pack it away,and will be scrambling to get it all back on the trucks.I hope we get 2 more events-but not huge ones.I think we are above our average for the season.My books show we had about 50"" this year total.

8. OBRYANMAINT

OBRYANMAINT LawnSite Senior Member

DO NOT PACK UP THE PLOWS IT WILL SNOW AGAIN THIS YEAR FOR SURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PLOWABLE EVENTS!

9. 66Construction

66Construction LawnSite Member

I took the plow off the truck in hopes that it will snow. After something like that it usualy does snow. I'm not ready to put anything away yet.

10. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

Reverse psychology, I like it!