1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Done Stick Me With A Fork

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tlcservices, Apr 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tlcservices

tlcservices LawnSite Member
    from fl

have at all ya 15 year old kids see ya and for the good people thanks and be cool.
  2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

thats quite a strong statement. i think you should elaborate why you are leaving, because i doubt 15 year olds put you out of business.
  3. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

I'm confused:confused:
  4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

huh? got a feeling someone is cashing in their chips cause the 15 year old teeni-bobbers are cutting into their biz.

know the feeling...
  5. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Good luck tlc
  6. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

Nothing wrong with that. It's a competitive business out there. Don't think just cause we're young we don't work hard. I know you older guys support your families and well I'm getting money for school and my future.
  7. Krimick

Krimick LawnSite Member

I don't believe he meant he was leaving the biz. I think it meant he was leaving the forum? I could be wrong though.
  8. KDJ

KDJ LawnSite Senior Member

That's the way I read it, and can understand why.
  9. totallpm

totallpm LawnSite Member
    from Utah

Good Luck to ya.

I know it can be frustrating to lose customers to the young ones. I know most are working very hard but they don't understand basic elements of business and thier prices are to low and hurt the bussiness.

We pulled up to a project today with our crew and two trucks (2 acre estate) and the guy comented on our epuipment (over $100.000) I guess it take more than a craftman mower to work these days. Plus insurance, workmans comp and payroll.

There is more to the business than throwing dads mower into his pickup and pulling the electric cord to the weedeater.

Kevin total
  10. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

I know a lot of former members whom you don't hear about any more, for the same reason...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.