1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Done tore it up again !!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Sweet Tater, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

Ok, just got my Exmark back about 2 weeks ago from a lower block rebuild. Now the hydro belt snapped and tore the wires out of the pto clutch. can't put them back in, you have to get a new one. Was a crappy design idea putting something that "fragile" next to a belt that cn break and tear it up. whats next, the starter? *trucewhiteflag*
  2. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

What year?
  3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I am sure exmark would be open to any idea you have to fix this...all my Scag and Snapper units are exactly the same.
  4. Sweet Tater

its an 08,
    I am not mechanical enough to know a good way to fix it, but there has to be a better way.
  5. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

Did you contact your dealer to see if Exmark would cover this under warranty??? There is no way an 08 mower should need a belt. I have a 2000 LazerHp that has 2500 hrs. I have replaced the deck belt 1 time and the hydro belt 3 times.
  6. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

how rough do you use this mower????
  7. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

And this is not under warranty?
  8. Genlandscape

Genlandscape LawnSite Member

Check with your dealer if they did a lower rebiuld they had the engine out and that belt off. If I were the dealer I would do it under warranty to avoid any repercussions of possibly damaging that belt.
  9. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

I agree, the dealer had to remove the belt to do the engine work, they should cover the repair/replacement of the PTO clutch.
  10. Sweet Tater

Yes it was under warrenty, didn't mean for it to sound like it wasn't.
    Its just that it was so aggrivating.
    Kajun, actually I am fairly easy on my mower, can't afford to break it, I am solo with only the one mower.