Done with installs.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by jcom, Jul 1, 2011.

1. jcom

jcom LawnSite Senior Member

My install sub went for a 40 hr. wk. job and informed me he doesn't want to install anymore. I have been looking to cut back so this is good for me in the long run. But I will have to give back some deposits. I will get over it.

Wish I had known 2 mos. ago as I have bought a lot of pipe and sprinklers. But I should be able to sell them to the competition.

Time for more golf and fishing. I will still do the repair work and blowouts. That will be enuf for me.

John

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Do some solo installs - builds character

3. jcom

My character is beyond repair or rebuilding.

4. Best decision I ever made was saying NO MAS on installs. Tee it forward and tight lines dude.

5. agrostis

agrostis LawnSite Silver Member

Tee it forward is great idea. Too bad it won't happen.

6. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

does the snow ever get off the ground at bismark nd ??
    every winter i hear on the news you guys are like 9' under snow drifts

7. jlouki01

jlouki01 LawnSite Senior Member

I have done my fair share of solo installs this year. It does not build character.. or repair it for that matter.

It's got for a sore back and a full voice mailbox.

8. jcom

There is about 5 months when it is pretty decent here.

I am not here from Nov. 1, - April 15 or so. Don't like winter here but it is just fine in AZ.

Juan

9. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

For what it's worth, which is not much, I always liked the challenge of installs. Of course, I always had THE BUDGET, and was lucky to have a well-paid crew that liked waterfront sites with :drinkup: at 4.30. :clapping:

10. jcom

Now to sell off about 80 rolls of pipe and 20 cases of 5004's. I might have a guy that wants the pipe but will have to do some peddling next week.

Thanks to all for the huge assist over the years as I learned a bunch from y'all.

John