Done with Kawasaki engines

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by ddixon7, Jul 9, 2013.

1. tony b

tony b LawnSite Member

Just asking? Why did B&S enter into something called "the mitsubishi agreement" after having trouble with daihatsu?

2. echo

echo LawnSite Bronze Member

While neither were/are "German engineering, Mitsubishi made the single cylinder motors, never the twin cylinders. Read the manual.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
  3. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Sorry, I just saw this, but Echo gave you the answer to your question. Last year or the year before I posted a few links on here somewhere that contained all the info you could ever want about this subject. I just don't have a clue where to search for them now.

The twin cylinder Vanguards are highly regarded engines with well deserved reputations, and if given a choice, would always be my first pick even though I am a Kawi fan.

4. tony b

tony b LawnSite Member

Thanks for the info. We always use vanguards for replacement and usually get 3 times the service.

5. VotteroLandscapeCont

VotteroLandscapeCont LawnSite Member

I'm glad to see I am it the only one having a bad experience with Kawi engines. I wish I would have came across this post 3 weeks ago.

I decided to go out and get myself a new 52" Exmark Pioneer with the 23HP FR691V Kawi engine. To my displeasure, a week after buying the new mower with Kawi engine, my BobCat 52" ProCat engine,19hp kawasaki fh580v-bs45, had seized with only 765 hours on it and 2 weeks out of warranty. If only I waited a bit longer for the new mower, I wouldn't have gotten one with a Kawi.

Regardless, I now have the new rider which is going well for now and I want to replace the engine on my BobCat. The exact model is kawasaki fh580v-bs45. Can anyone help me find a simalar Kohler or Briggs engine that will make for an easy swap out? I appreciate your help in advanced.

6. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

Look up a member here named Retrodog. He is a mower dealer and a heck of a good guy that goes out of his way to help folks. If anyone would know the right answer for you, it'd probably be him.

7. VotteroLandscapeCont

VotteroLandscapeCont LawnSite Member

I appreciate such a quick reply and I appreciate the advice. I am glad i found this site, its nice to see others are willing to take the time to help random people.

8. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

Happy to help. I should be sleeping, but I have a touch of insomnia lately so I'm still up reading here.:)

Here's a link to a post by him. Click on his name and it will open a drop down that should say send PM to Retrodog, then click that. Since you are so new, I'm not sure you can send a PM yet, but if not, just quote him and post when the window opens up. He'll see it sooner or later (usually sooner) and reply-

http://www.lawnsite.com/showpost.php?p=4823915&postcount=51

Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  9. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

Sorry to hear about your Kawasaki . How does the new Pioneer compare to the Bobcat, does it stick on hills? Im ordering the 60" with the Kohler and mulch kit. I can't find one to look at other than the video on the website which helps a lot.

10. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

oopps double post.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2013