done

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LAWNGODFATHER, Jun 29, 2001.

1. can anyone say done at 11:30am friday first time this year

finaly

thank god done early on a friday mowing

2. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

yes I can say "DONE" AT 11:30am.

but I am going to say it like bill clinton said he never fooled around with monica.

I am not going to mean what I say! so there, I'm none!:D

congrats LGF on an early risers reward. now what to do with a FRIDAY afternoon...?

GEO

3. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

when i do that i have to be careful. too much trouble out there
    for a man with back pocket money and free time. im sure you
    can handle it.later

4. Fine Lines Lawn

Fine Lines Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I sent the crew home at noon today. Since it's 1000 degrees outside and the grass is toast, I thought I'd give the Dixies a break. I thought the crew and I deserved a break too.

5. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Well, since I'm small but running solo, I'm gonna say what I can do in a short while. I arrive at my first job at 6:00 AM and start mowing my 1 3/4 acre job (I'm gonna say that's what the acrerage is, not totally sure). I can trim and mow it in 3 hours. Not bad for a guy without a Dixie ;). Anyway, by the time my ride shows up to get to the next job, it's about 3 1/2 hours. I grease and clean the mower completely before I leave. Then, I have to drive about 20 or so minutes to the next job. Takes 45 mins. to mow the next one, then 20 mins or so to mow the last one. Only 3 jobs, but I don't have the fastest mower out there and I have hills and trees to deal with at the large prop. There are trees EVERYWHERE. Tons of trimming there. And the hills are a problem. Anyway, I can be done by 11:00. I have no employees and I don't have a mower that will do 10 MPH while mower, well, I'm sure the Groundsmaster could mow at 8 or so, but it's so rough it would beat me to death. Anyway, congrats on the guys that can mow fairly quick. I watched some guys while I was on vacation mow 4 average sized lawns in 45-60 mins with 2 guys trimming and one guy mowing with a Scag Turf Runner (Walker copy). I'm sure it could have been faster 'cuz the guys trimming were SO slow. Go figure, must have been new guys. :D

6. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

NO

7. hey just got back from boating dusted of the pontoon boat and went waverunning took the wave runners out a couple Sunday's ago

had lots a fun will be tired and sore tomorrow

good luck to you all the LAWNGODFATHER

8. sleona

sleona LawnSite Member

1000 degrees? Be happy you aren't on the Gulf Coast where you get 1000% humidity.

9. i can always say done at 11:00 am. and then at 11:01 am i can go and start again. today we worked at my house. lawns have to be done tomorow morning and tuesday.

10. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

LGF, I just busted my rear end yesterday so that I could take today off and take my wife and daughter to the zoo. :D

Sleona, we get da humidity too!