Dont Buy Gas on May 15th, 2007

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turfinator1, May 5, 2007.

1. Turfinator1

Turfinator1 LawnSite Member

There will be a national dont buy gas day on this date. It happpend a decade ago and gas dropped over $ .30 over night. That sure would be nice. TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW!!!
  2. Allens LawnCare

Allens LawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Just so happens I'll be buying on the 14th....which should get me to the 16th, then I'll fill up again................$3.22 a gallons for 87 octane here
  3. FSully

FSully LawnSite Member

LOL..........It's never worked and never will work! One day will not hurt the oil companies nor will it have an effect on the price at the pump.
  4. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

You want gas to come down in price?? Simple - use less.
  5. timmac

timmac LawnSite Senior Member

if we don't buy on the 15 then that means that they will sell twice as much on the 14 or 16. this thread just doesnt make sense.
  6. Travis E

Travis E LawnSite Bronze Member

Last year or two years ago this was tried but the next day gas went up! Like they said won't work!
  7. craglawnmanor

craglawnmanor LawnSite Member

+1 payup
  8. Dean of Green

Dean of Green LawnSite Senior Member

If we want the price of gas to go down, then press the politicians to let us drill here in this country. We can't drastically affect the demand on gas(we all need it). We can however, as a country, affect the supply. Drill more here and make new refineries.
  9. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

Off shore and up there with the caribou (they like the warmth from the pipeline and its facilities).
  10. troblandscape

troblandscape Guest

High Gas Prices= Gas Surcharge for all lawn cuts, doesn't effect my pocket at all. If your not charging gas surcharges then you not doing good business.