Don't call me a lowballer (my new ad)

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Vikings, Apr 15, 2007.

1. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

I design all my flyers myself but I was kinda rushed and am still learning the business and, believe it or not, I raised my prices from last year. I live in a city where everything is cheap incl. housing and food. I also have been in business for 8 years doing other services.

Attached Files:

2. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

If you are going to run your business like that why don't you have your "starting at" included in your lawns also. How can you do every 5500 lot for $20 when every lot has different obstacles in them:dizzy: :dizzy:

3. Vikings

from canada

NO contract, no obligation. How can Just Mowing do every lot under 12,000sq ft for $27. If I don't like a lawn I will drop it or raise the price...easier said then done. But I have history in certain neighborhoods where I literally have hundreds of window cleaning customers and dozens of snow customers. Being compact makes a difference.

edit: crap, I should have put "based on the average lot" or something like that.

4. Vikings

from canada

Hey it might not be a perfect system but I'm new to this lawn care business and will likely be working out the kinks for years to come.

Ultimately I would like to create a profit model that has a low-cost (but highly efficient) service at the bottom, to keep the competition at bay and a higher end service on a monthly basis that would be more profitable and include everything incl. bush and bed and snow.

5. 1cooltreeguy

1cooltreeguy LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Boss, what is the signifigance of a corner lot?

6. Vikings

from canada

Extra work, sometimes a lot of extra work. In newer neighborhoods, they don't have sidewalks or back lanes, the homeowner is responsible for the upkeep.

7. Vikings

from canada

In the property assessments the city does, they don't include this real estate as part of the homeowners lot size. it can be significant to, +2000 sq ft even

8. 1cooltreeguy

1cooltreeguy LawnSite Senior Member

Ah, I got u. I think you should raise your prices but that is just me. Good Luck to you Viking. Eric in NC

9. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I dont think its way out as far as price... I think those flyers look pretty good, how did you make them?

10. Vikings

from canada

I use Adobe Illustrator CS2 and when I put pics on flyers, I'll add in some photoshop.