Don't do that in the mulch bed!!!

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by OnMyOwn, Oct 23, 2006.

1. OnMyOwn

OnMyOwn LawnSite Senior Member

Got a call from my client last Thursday afternoon at 12:15 pm, asking if one of my guiys was on site doing a landscape installation. This is a "chain" pub-type restaurant that we do quite a bit of work for during the season.

I replied that my Hispanic employee was there laying in a rock wall. He said I know! One of our patrons just looked out the window and saw him "peeing" in the front mulch bed. --- twelve feet from the front door during the lunch rush!

I was speechless....and still am. I went to the site....gave my most sincere apologies...pulled the employee from site and told the client he will never be on site again. I intend to terminate his employment at the end of this week. I would have done it sooner, but need him to finish the season.

He saw nothing wrong with his actions. I can't believe it!!!! This is a first for me.

Beware of the URINATOR!!!
  2. boy that brings back some memories of some old threads.
  3. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Bronze Member

sound like the moderators need to start a new forum, don't know what you'de call it.
  4. let us go back to yesteryear with that great thread, "PEEING IN THE BUSHES".
  5. MowerMoney

MowerMoney LawnSite Senior Member

Un-freakin-believable. And right in front of the restaurant.:dizzy: :dizzy: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:
  6. ECS

ECS LawnSite Bronze Member

That is BS. If an employee is bad enough to terminate, then terminate him. Don't just use him like that for your own benifit. He did wrong so do what is right for you and your company and get rid of him now. What are you going to do, pull him off the next job wwhen he does it again, and then the next one? Take a stand and get rid of him. What he did was totally wrong and should not be tolerated.

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I have seen employees pee in the darndest places :laugh: I mean it aint right but makes for good stories :laugh: one guy thought as long as he stood behind a tree it was OK even if it was a tiny sapling in the front lawn at a busy intersection :dizzy:
  8. whtrash73

whtrash73 LawnSite Member

thats what happens when you hire a labor, no manners=bad employee!!!:-(
  9. firefightergw

firefightergw LawnSite Gold Member
    from Texas

I had to let one go this year for doing the same thing. Not in front of a restaurant but in a customers back yard. I caught him the first time and just thought he didn't want to ask me for a pee break. I talked to him about it and told him no more. Caught him the next day, again. Told him to hit the road.

You'll laugh about it later but I know right now you are pissed and appalled.

Some people.:drinkup:
  10. OnMyOwn

OnMyOwn LawnSite Senior Member

WRONG!!! An employee is an asset to be used just like a tool. Just because you get a flat tire on the ZTR, you do not throw it away. You fix the problem, use it to finish the job, then buy a new tire when timing is appropriate. Our season has two weeks left, so he is to be reprimanded, docked in pay, put in low-profile situations, then terminated when I am finished with his services. His actions will not be tolerated, but in turn, I will not short-change my clients of services by hiring a "newbie" two weeks prior to season-end.