dont drive by my house

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CLARK LAWN, Aug 27, 2007.

1. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

earlier this year i signed a customer up well after 2 cuts they wanted me to call them in the morning to see if the yard needed cut or not. I explained that they signed up for weekly mowing and they get cut the day i do the route for thier area unless they give 24 hours notice to skip (which they are allowed to do 2 times then it gets billed as normal) well they wernt happy with that so the wanted to cancel. i siad fine you owe me $xx for the two cuts and we'll go our separate ways. that was mid July, today i get back to the shop and there is a message from them wanting to know why i drove ny their house today,i explianed that that is the way the route runs and i have drove by your house every week for two years. then they say well we never saw you before(lie because they told me they see me in the area alot) and please dont drive by our house agian or we will call the police.

2. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

I bet your glad to get rid of those Coo coo's

3. rob b.

rob b. LawnSite Member

Crazy people.I wouldnt even worry about it. I would run my route the same way I always have and act like they didnt exist.

4. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

What PJ said...be happy, one less dope to deal with. It is just a part of dealing with the public, you really do come across the dregs of the earth.

5. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Some people just have way too much free time on their hands~

6. Jordan River

Jordan River LawnSite Member

Even if they do call the po-po, you is on a public street there buddy, and there ain't nothing those folks can do about it. Jes explain to the officer (and offer him/her a doughnut, it ain't gotta be fresh) that these people are krazy. Gosh I love doughnuts.

7. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Ditto with all the above for sure -- especially the last one (reading that post made me spit up my beer!!)

I bet this guy's neighbors could tell some interesting stories, and I bet the cops know him by name. LOL

8. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

no no you got it all wrong they own the whole street and they can decide who they want on it

9. screensnot

screensnot LawnSite Member
    from MI

I'd drive by every day if possible. Stop and eat lunch there too.

10. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

Now it is your turn to aggravate them a little. Call the police and tell them exactly what you just told us, ask the police to go to there house and tell them you feel threatened by the phone call and message you received for no reason. Tell the police to explain to them that for their better interest it would be best for them not to call or harass you in any way or you will have them served with a warrant for harassment.

Excite them a little it will keep their heart pumping more efficiently. They are playing stupid and harassing you, just reverse the role.

I would pay to be there and see their reaction.