1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Don't forget a set of traffic cones on your trucks!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Holland, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Holland

Holland LawnSite Senior Member

Safety first.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. ashgrove landscaping

ashgrove landscaping LawnSite Gold Member

eh cones are for amateurs....

3. Holland

Oh safety cones are for amateurs huh. I'll remember that when I'm a professional.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. ashgrove landscaping

ashgrove landscaping LawnSite Gold Member

hahhaha do what you want and makes you feel good my man.. like I said cones are for folks who have time to waste

5. Holland

I just thought they made you sorta look like you know what your doing. Hehe.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. ddixon7

ddixon7 LawnSite Senior Member

Lets jump out of the truck and put a cone out 40 times a day... oh and the space it takes up... Unless your mowing off a highway, what is the point?

7. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

In tight neighborhoods when people are backing out it helps huge. It cuts down on the percentage your vehicle will accidentally be hit. I don't use giant cones, just 3 small recreation size cones. People tend to slow down around bright orange.

8. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Conehead here , I keep em in the truck all the time. Putting cones out is cheap insurance. A friend of mine whose bobcat trailer got waxed on a side street came down to if there were cones out or not and how many etc. So I have just done it ever since. Besides that very little competition does it anything that separates you is better IMO.

9. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Cones for us.......these textheads need a lot of visual warning to keep them from running right up into the trailer. Seen a case where person backed across the ramp and bent it. Said she seen the trailer but didn't know there were ramps:dizzy:

10. ToddH

ToddH LawnSite Silver Member

21 Century is strobes.