Dont forget your suppliers this Christmas

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 1stclasslawns, Dec 13, 2003.

1. 1stclasslawns

1stclasslawns LawnSite Senior Member

Just a reminder, We have talked about our customers but don't forget your mechanics and suppliers this holiday season.

My mechanics have "family" type shops where family members work together. I'm giving them smoked bacon from a smoke house. It is absolutely the best bacon you can buy! $7.00 a pound, it is not something you would buy yourself until you have eaten some. I trade it out with the owners whose leaves I do.

Jim

2. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

good point you make about our mechanics....there are 2 guys who always get me in and out within the same day if possible. I will get them something. I knew I was forgetting someone so thanks for the reminder

As for suppliers, I dont think I owe them any kind of tip....if anything, they should be thanking US for the business we give them...

3. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

GarPA, I'm with you on that one. My suppliers should be sending me a thank you card or something. For a while there I was in their shop almost every week for parts or buying new equipment. Can't say they gave me any frequent flyer miles much less a discount on anything. I've given them enough by giving them my business.

4. 1stclasslawns

1stclasslawns LawnSite Senior Member

You might be right on most suppliers, but, I am an hour away from ANY lawn care suppliers my supplier delivers to me for no additional charge. They will send a truck by with only a jug of chemical.
    Yes there are other suppliers in the 1 to 11/2 hour drive but ESTES INC< does me a great job .. THANKS JEFF and SHANE.

Jim