Don't give me any STATIC!!!

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by mower_babe, Apr 19, 2005.

1. mower_babe

mower_babe LawnSite Senior Member

So, we have been buying AO Safety Peltor Worktunes for awhile now. Loved them. Told you guys how great they were even. This year, I go to purchase them. Same price, $59 on sale. Different design. Different box reads "New and Improved."

NEW AND IMPROVED MY AZZ! These suck. Cannot tune in and when you finally DO get some kind of music, you have to listen to 3 radio stations at the same time. SUCKY SUCKY SUCKY. GIVE ME BACK THE OLD AND UN-IMPROVED puhhhlllleeeeaaaasssseee. I am emailing them as we speak. NOW, what in the hail am I gonna do with 5 brand new PELTOR WORKTUNES that noone will wear?
  2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

sell them on ebay.
  3. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I wish the tuning knob on the old ones was STIFFER. They are WAY too easy to bump and then your LOST and it takes you a long time to find your station back. You don't know if you bumped it a little or a lot.

Shame the new ones are this bad.

I'll pay $200 if they had station presets, FM and AM, and built well. Also wish someone would incorporate the antenna in the headband.
  4. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I bought a pair at walmart last spring... they must have been selling that same model last spring. I tried them but spent more time messing with the dial trying to fine tune them and then when I would get a station it would be country. crap, no thanks.

I really don't like headphones, maybe it's just me but the pressure of them on my ears gives me a royal headache in about half an hour plus they are HOT in the summer. Commercials on the radio stink too, i am a channel hopper to find MUSIC and not commercials.

I decided to try and preserve my hearing this year, started using earplugs just about all day. takes getting used to for a while but now I really don't notice them and the plus side is that I can actually HEAR after being on the mower for a couple hours straight!
  5. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Now MB, dont u know to stay away from the "New and improved" crap :D
    I take that as a warning
  6. mower_babe

mower_babe LawnSite Senior Member

You know, I used to be an eBay nut, but I have this nasty little, itty bitty thing called a conscience and I could not do that to someone else. I will return them to F&F and tell them exactly what the deal is.

I emailed Peltor/AO Safety.Hey if any of you guys need the info, here goes...

Aero Company - 317-692-6666 or

While on the website I found out that just last month they came out with worktunes with walkie talkies in them. Called WorkTunes 22 Forestry Kit. But, if they are new style, which I am positive they are, not interested.

I think you are right PJs.

TLS - I agree, but at least you weren't listening to gospel, country and rock all at one time like I have to now.
  7. tinman

tinman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ga

anything with a "DIAL" sux..... I'd rather just buy those earmuffs that have a wire running out to connect to your walkman, IPOD, MP3 player, etc.... I just use regular earphones connected to mp3 player & cover with Stihl earmuffs.
  8. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

I too would pay $150 - $200 for a set with digital tuning...

When it's colder, I'll use the Peltors. When it gets warmer out, I switch to the little foam earplugs that you insert into your ear canal, then use a walkman type radio.
  9. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Screw the Am/Fm digital. I want Sirius satellite headphones. No commercials ever, worth the $15 a month.
  10. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

It'sgottabegreeen- Where can I find these?