Don't give me any STATIC!!!

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by mower_babe, Apr 19, 2005.

1. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

sorry double post. Some one please delete.

2. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Sirius doesn't make any. Thats why I want someone who will.

3. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

my peltors are on there last leg, I have an old digital headset with no noise protection that im going to try to imbed into the peltors

4. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

this is my first season using peltors. i have no trouble at all, unless i'm in certain areas with bad reception (for "am" atleast). FM is always crystal clear, but i listen to sports all day, and sometimes i have to just "touch" the dial to retune slightly. no big deal..
    free your consiuos! put them on ebay cheap, and let me know when you do. :D c'mon, get rid of the junk... $15 a piece :angel:

byw, which model is it? the yellow ones? i have the peltors worktunes that are black and grey. i don't know if there is a mechanical difference.

5. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

I've found my self listening to my peltors instead of the radio. I never miss a minute of rush now. lol. I get crystal clear reception on AM, but sometimes FM does not come in very well. I wish that the dial was stiffer too.

funny thing though, my peltors got better reception after I dopped them. ;)

6. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

Hey Mower Babe, just take them back to where you bought them (which I think you said you're going to do). Do you have an ACE Hardware nearby? They still have the older version, black & yellow, I just saw them today. If you can't find any let me know and I can go pick those up and ship them over to you.

FGA, you got your Peltors for xmas right? I would assume they are the 2004 model. I sure like mine, I use them all the time even around home, when I'm cutting or stacking wood, working in the garden, or when I'm in trouble with my wife... :D

Has anyone ever tried zip tying the antennae to the headband? I think I'm going to strap mine down, I'm tired of having them yanked off my head when I go under branches while on the Z. I always forget to duck far enough to clear my antennae... :angry:

Buck

7. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

Ya, because, after you drop them, they only want to get AM! I have an older pair that only get AM, and I ain't into Rush's BS, and a newer pair that I have to mess with to get FM to come in.
    Hey, Rush fans, buy my old pair! THey get AM fine. Useless to me.
    Crawdad

8. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I bought mine a year ago. They work ok. Sometimes I have to fine tune a station in. The only thing that bugs me is that in my area there is a spanish or tejano station in between darn near every big radio station and sometimes when I am mowing larger lawns and turn alot, I end up picking up those tejano stations and it drives me nuts. It has happened often enough that I have heard the same tejano songs several times and can sing along now!

9. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

it get's FM from 91.7 and up crystal clear too. under 91.7, the reception is not too good.

10. BladeRunner1967

BladeRunner1967 LawnSite Member

I got fed up and bought a IPOD Shuffle, put the earbuds in and put the Peltors over top. Works well. Get's about 12 hours of music on one of those. I here ya Buck!!! I'm gonna tie mine down too. :dizzy: