1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Don't give me any STATIC!!!

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by mower_babe, Apr 19, 2005.

1. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

oh man, the feud we had yesterday... i wish i thought of getting them out of the truck. i think she divorced me 2 times yesterday :D
  2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I'd be snagging those earbud cords left and right. Started using a Walkman back in the '80's and was constantly being snagged.
  3. morturf

morturf LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

I have the ultimate setup. I have a set of peltors and xm myfi. I tune the peltors to 88.1 and the myfi rebroadcasts the xm tunes and stuff right to the headset!! I love it. all cordless if you get the myfi unit high enough. Sometimes i have to put on the external antenna for the xm but i love not commercials!!

4. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

I use a walkman with the ear bud phones. they are kinda like ear plugs as you roll them between your fingers and insert into your ears and they open up. I bought the $7 ear protector muffs from J.Thomas and put those over them. I tuck the cord in my shirt and put the walkman in my front pocket. This keeps the cord out of the way. I use rechargeable batteries that give me about 20 hours of play.

I guess if you are buying them for the crew then it would be easier to by the all in ones, but it would be cheaper to give them the $7 ones and let them supply their own radio if they want one.
  5. mower_babe

mower_babe LawnSite Senior Member

Yep, black and yellow. emailed company - no response. I am interested in the walkie talkie worktunes. Those would come in super handy. I think I will call the company later today and see what I can come up with.
  6. genoaustin

genoaustin LawnSite Member

7. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Nice looking, but lacking AM for my weather/news that I tune to occaisionally.
  8. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Yep, gotta have AM. Good weather forcaster when the dark clouds are creeping up behind your back. :D
  9. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Makes you wonder why in large markets, there are no 100% news/weather radio stations on FM???
  10. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

I think we have one here, but never listen to it. Best one is on AM. Good poin, wonder why there aren't any on FM? ;)