Don't give me any STATIC!!!

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by mower_babe, Apr 19, 2005.

1. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I think for one reason is am radio broadcasts further. I have always got better reception on am during electrical storms, don't know why though.
    Years ago lots of radios were am only so thats probably what started it and no ones thought to change it.

2. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Just a thought were the batteries new? I have to change my batteries about every week. When they go weak, reception sucks. I get the "three radio stations at a time thing". I only paid $25 for my Peltors, Wal Mart, so they aren't they expensive ones but they do work great as long as the batteries are changed often. :dizzy:

3. yard sloth

yard sloth LawnSite Member

I think my Walmart has two different packagings of the black/yellow peltor worktunes. how can I tell which ones are the better ones (the old unimproved ones)?

4. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

I quess I'll chime in here. This is what I do- I have a Palm pilot and I down load my fav. music and it can hold 150-200 tunes. I put the palm next to me on my z in a little foam-type bag and i run the cord up under my shirt and and put ear plug head phones in and then my Peltors on and I.m good to go. Yes no weather, but I change up my tunes once a month. I also use my Palm for info on my accounts that Im mowing and e-mails and such. Love the thing. Im still learning it :dizzy: