Don't here much about the Quick 32. I'm interested but want some 1st hand info.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by WHIPPLE5.7, May 30, 2008.

1. WHIPPLE5.7

WHIPPLE5.7 LawnSite Senior Member

I bag mow properties that the homeowners would never go for ZTRs and I think the 32 would be a nice solution but I'm skeptical of the ease of turning corners. With the single Hydro and longer length I'm afraid by noon I'd feel like I spent the morning bench pressing 200lbs. nonstop. I love the finish my commercial 21s produces but I spend way to much time at a single place with those little things.

2. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

i had an encore 32" and it seemed to be really small and it didnt make up that much time compared to the 21" that i have. i dont know but i think atleast a 36" is in order to shave time off your properties. anyway, goodluck.

3. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

If the back yard is big and a 32 is all you can get in its worth it to me ,to have the 32. Push mowing a 50 x 150 back yard is not fun. Been there and done that and wont do it again.

4. jc1

jc1 LawnSite Bronze Member

We bought one this spring it is used daily We cut around 275 lawns a week probably 50-60 it is a primary mower. It is operated by one of the 2 women on the crew and neither has had a problem using it. Dont be afraid to buy one.

5. TPS

TPS LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I have a BOP 32 Samuri. The more you use it the easier it gets. The instant reverse is also very handy when learning to use it. I have cut approxmiately 20 lawns with mine and it now has 5 hours on it. It gets easier and faster with every cut, especially when NOT bagging. However, I do bag a lot. Let me know if you have any other questions.

6. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

I have the Quick 32 with Kawi 15 HP engine. It's a very nice machine, and I'm happy with the decision to buy it.

Positives:

It stripes nicely, it's very reliable, easy to maintain, generally easy to handle, great lift for bagging, does mulch well, is good on gas... a 3 gallon tank is good for about 15 three to four k lawns, nice cut, very lightweight so rutting lawns and ripping divots is not much of an issue. Customer service from the factory is excellent. They JUMP if and/or when you have a problem ( I lost the spacer lock down, and they shipped it overnight after I called at 4pm) The light weight is great.... I can move it around easilly without having to start it up. The reverse works well, and is faster than other units. The deck extends nicely past the wheels, so I don't have to edge beds very much.... the blades take the grass down for me. I only have to edge the beds, no trimming.

Negatives:

The deck seems to clog a bit when mowing an overgrown lawn (thank you Tru-Green, You morons), it does not like hills, especially when the hill has a downward slope to the left.... it takes some muscle to keep 'er straight. The hyrdo is on the right, so turning left handed 180's are easier than right handed ones. The Accelerator bagger is awsome, except for it's size as a side bagger. What I would not do for a dual hydro Quick rear bagger.... so instead I mulch my properties most of the time, but going from mulching to bagging is very fast and easy. The pistol grip handles slide down. At some point, they have to be replaced with grips that won't slide off the handles.

My overall impression is that it is a solid commercial mower, not perfect, but very good, and well worth the price of the unit when compared to belt drive units, and so much less than dual hydro's..... clearly it's a price/performance issue. I can only compare it to a Scag 32 belt drive..... and the Quick really kicks it's butt, just about across the board, especially for hand fatique. (Carpal tunnel anyone?)

Hope this helps.... I recommend it, but I will be looking for a dual hydro 32 rear bagger from Quick.... as soon as they have one, I'll buy it.

7. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

per whiteys comments, and the slipping handle grips....
    I have the Ninja 36 and handle grips did the same thing...
    Couple drops of super glue under each grip will solve that problem fast, don't be scared off by this miniscule deal....

8. Ducati996

Ducati996 LawnSite Member

Personally all the talk for dual hydros isnt worth it - these machines are perfect for almost all needs. Dual hydros are for machines that weigh 800 lbs or more IMHO

I love these little buggers - perfect and comfortable !

P1010001.jpg