Dont know whihch weed whip to choose?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by twocycledoctor, Jun 29, 2008.

1. twocycledoctor

twocycledoctor LawnSite Member

Me and a couple of friends have recently started a business and we are currently using a curved shaft craftsman fixed line hunk of junk. I am soon going to buy a professional grade weed whip and I have no idea what brand to go with. The other company that I work for is strictly rerdmax but some say that they are junk. SO tell me what brand I should go with.

Thanks for the help

2. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

what the heck is a weed whip?

3. greenred

greenred LawnSite Senior Member
    from IL

I recommend Redmax since I have had so much luck with mine. Do a search for "weed eaters" or "trimmers" on hear and you will find tons of threads I bet debating the merits of different brands.

4. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

Do you have a dealer nearby that you like? If so that is the brand I would go with. I have several different brand of trimmers and some I like better than the others but they are all good and can make you money. Some people have there own likes and dislikes [me included] but most of the commercial brand trimmers are fine it just matters on personal preffference. This is why I say I like to go with the dealers instead of brands on handhelds.

5. MowHouston

MowHouston LawnSite Bronze Member

Stihl, Redmax, Echo; they're all pretty much the same. Try to get your hands on some to demo and choose what feels best in your hands.

6. Kawazuki

Kawazuki LawnSite Member

Gotta put in my vote for the Kawasaki KGT27a

7. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

Echo does me right. Even the Home Depot models last for years. Replacement parts are cheap, and the heads are durable.

8. freshprince94

freshprince94 LawnSite Bronze Member

Stihl. I have Echo's and they are junk compared to my Stihl.

9. LedgedaleLawn

LedgedaleLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Same here. Stihl is the best in my opinion, and I have both.

10. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member