Don't leave grass seeds in your truck!

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by pattytastik, Dec 7, 2011.

1. pattytastik

pattytastik LawnSite Senior Member

I was lazy and left a mostly empty bag of grass seeds in the back of my truck. The truck also had some old mulch and top soil left in it from the remains of the past season. I was shocked to find grass growing in my truck in December!!

photo (3).JPG
  2. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, I've had the same thing in my dump trailer which I use for lawn renovations. I always end up with some seed spillage and end up with grass growing in all the nooks and crannies. I actually pull the grass seedlings out in strips, put them on the ground near where I park my trailer and now have some decent grass growing there, lol.
  3. Thanksman

Thanksman LawnSite Platinum Member

lol... i see whatcha saying about december.. im in rhode island .. went fishing in t shirt pulling out trout from the pond.. not to often we get that. your growing grass without trying.. some people cant do it bsafe
  4. rlitman

rlitman LawnSite Bronze Member

You've invented the portable sod farm.
  5. Tyler's Lawn Maintenance

Tyler's Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member

Never had that happen to me; I keep my truck clean.
  6. j-ville native

j-ville native LawnSite Senior Member

that's funny man... i actually had to pull a couple weeds that were growing in some dirt in the corner of my open trailer the other day haha
  7. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Slobs! You clean your rigs probably as often as you change underwear.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. pattytastik

pattytastik LawnSite Senior Member

I'm still on the same pair of underwear since the start of the season! :)
    Just kidding lol, but yeah I need to clean the truck out. But i'm tempted to see how the grass continues to grow as the weather gets colder! Experiment time lol
  9. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Been there done that several times, almost every year. Truck bed and the trailer. I'll be the first to admit I need to be better about cleaning my truck bed out. But dangit I get so busy I just never feel like it after a good hard day.
  10. integrityman

integrityman LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh Lord. Pennington grass seed. Looks like ya got it off the shelf at Lowes. Word of wisdom kid. Establish a relationship with a good seed distributor and forget the big box store horse$hit they sell. (No insult intended to horse$hit.) Clean that truck up too. Its disgraceful.