Dont let your kids drive your ztr when their friends are around

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bayoulawn, Feb 3, 2004.

1. bayoulawn

bayoulawn LawnSite Member

I saw this kid the other day showing off or attempting to show off in front of his friends.
    Evidently he was on his fathers mower. All his friends gathered around and he said "watch this" he throttled the mower up and slammed the handles forward and up came the front wheels.
    when they slammed down it threw him forward which caused him to slame the handles foward also sending the machine up again.
    this went on for about 15-20 jumps the kids were laughing their butts off and the kid on the mower was terrified and screaming as he could not get control of it to make it stop. I thought it was funny at first but then it got kinda scary. I didnt know what anyone could have done. But eventually he let go of the handles enough it quit jumping and he bailed. Needless to say he had to change pants afterwards.
  2. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

bet he wont do that again
  3. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

did they bring gas? or did they have to borrow some?:)
  4. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

I can ride a nice wheelie on my Z. But then again I am experienced enough to know the ropes. He's lucky he didn't get thrown off in front of the mower and ran over.
  5. bayoulawn

bayoulawn LawnSite Member

Thats what I thought was about to happen.
  6. Royalslover

Royalslover LawnSite Senior Member

I once had this customer who's kid always loved to check out my equipment. they were long time customers and more like friends. I let their kid drive my z around the driveway. He ran it out into the street and got it hung up on the curb. He was freaking out as was I. It cost me $90 for a new fork. Needless to say, I learned my lesson.
  7. cush

cush LawnSite Senior Member

Reminds me of the stupid stuff I did as a kid. LOL
  8. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

Oh man. (that does sound alittle like what I would have done when I was a kid) I can't really stand to see parents with their small children riding any mowers. (have a good friend that used to do that) Never had any kids, but I wouldn't take a chance, even if the blades weren't turning.