Don't like hazy, hot & humid, look at this!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Richard Martin, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

This is what I've been putting up with all week. We have a 40,000+ acre wildfire not far from my area and it's making working outside miserable. Not only is it hazy, hot and humid but it's very smokey to boot.

MVC-666S.JPG

MVC-665S.JPG

MVC-661S.JPG

2. zemzabob

zemzabob LawnSite Senior Member

Hey my buddy just put that same pool up for his kids. Sorry I didn't mean to get off track it dose look very humid and hazy there how hot has it been there? we are just now getting a little break from all the heat.

3. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

I coldn't stand working with all that smoke in the air. I put up with the heat and humidity, but the smoke would kill me.

Funny thing is, I'm a smoker too. :hammerhead:

4. k911lowe

k911lowe LawnSite Senior Member

NC sure is beautiful.the smoke is a killer.cant do nothing about it except wearing a mask?

5. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

Typical morning in Louisiana

6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

That's not haze, it's smoke. It actually got a lot worse after I took those pics. It's cooled off to the lower 90's in the last day or two but it was in the upper 90's and 100's from last Wednesday to this Wednesday.

That's not humidity in the air people, it's smoke.

7. mhussey

mhussey LawnSite Senior Member

Yea, the smoke is even at my house and I live in the Piedmont region. However, I work in Mebane and it's pretty bad there. The smell is god awful. It almost smells like plastic burning.

8. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

A few years ago I was up in the poconos of PA at my ex fiances place. One morning I went out and it was really hazy looking and smelled like plastic burning. Come to find out it was those wild fires that were going on all the way up in canada. That was a long way for the smoke to travel to reach all the way down into PA.

9. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

It was like that here a few days ago. The wind turned out of the south and bam 1 mile visability.

10. wheels910

wheels910 LawnSite Member

Maybe we could sell our equipment and just start doing controlled burns for all our clients. One burn a growing season. $800.00 per burn.

Make the work season a lot shorter.

Just a thought.