Dont limit the goodie points

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Acute Cut, Sep 30, 2004.

?

Should goodie points be limited

1. STOP LIMITING MY GOODIE POINTS

26.7%
  2. The limit has good intentions

6.7%
  3. Cut me off-I'm goodie point addicted

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. What is a goodie point?

33.3%
  5. Cancel the whole system-I am feeling unloved!

33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Acute Cut

Acute Cut LawnSite Senior Member

Ok moderators, i am trying to find a happy medium here. Can we not put a limit on our goodie points?

2. Turf Medic

Turf Medic LawnSite Bronze Member

It would at least be nice to know what the parameters are. I keep getting messages, too many points in a 24hr period, how many can we give out in a 24 hour period? You have to spread the points around before giving to ???????? again, how many do you have to spread before you can give to ???????? again? Personally I think it's a lame idea, but if we are going to have it let us use it.

3. Acute Cut

SO, am i to ASSume that since no moderators or Sean will answer this that no one knows? Time to get some points then........

4. Turf Medic

I gave you points but now I am back on the spread around some plan. Kind of sucks because to get to the point I can go back and give points again, I have been giving points to posts with no meaning or value :D. You just grab a thread and spread the love :blush:

5. Acute Cut

Read my other post Turf MEdic. YOu will like that one. Lets say we get 20 ppl reading it and posting. Should no longer be a problem. Muhahaha!

6. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Sean and the moderators are determined to shove this
    childish nonsense down our pants,you won't get any response...................

Well maybe..................(banned)..........shhhhh..........

I'm actually having some fun now.................... :cool2:

Turf Medic likes this.
  7. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

I detect some frustrations in your recent postings.. what's up?
    No, it's not that you won't get any response, I think it's just because sean said we were to give this a try, he said that how long ago?? maybe a week or two? I assume this is going to be at least a trial period for longer than a few weeks...

8. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

9. Acute Cut

Jodi,
    with the utmost respect intended:
    The question was how many do we have to spread before giving another point out?

Here is the bottom line. (If you feel this applies to you and you are offended (reader-not moderators) then i am sorry) This board is largely innundated with idiots and/or newbies. I WANT to toss out points to EXPERTS and PROFESSIONALS so as you say "we can see who is the people we should listen to". The problem is there are few people left and for the few forums i am qualified or interested in surfing there are FEW who deserve points. Class clowns and jokesters deserve points why? Let me GIVE point s to whom i want to give points. If i need to spread more around then raise the bar on the professionals here so they can qualify for my opinion as to DESERVING points!

I think if you took our limits off then this whole attitude of disgruntlement would disolve slightly. I know "I" would be more happy.

Jodi, i love ya dearly. Especially after the nice things you said in your PM the other day. I blushed. thank you sincerely for those kind words. This is not directed at you personally in any shape or form or manner. It is aimed at the software and the dictators who choker leash us on these things. Make us use it... Fine. Make us follow perameters on our FREEDOM OF SPEECH... I dont think so.

IF this ban on points isnt lifted soon i feel an uprising will occur fairly shortly. That is JMO though.

10. Turf Medic

Jodi

You gave your opinion as to why there should be limits, not what the limits are. However when you are driving the speed limit is posted, and EVERYONE has the same speed limit. No one is allowed to go faster because they have been on that highway more. I have yet to see a flashing sign that says you must drive on another highway because you have been on this one too much, and we aren't going to tell you when you can drive on it again.

Bottom line is, it would be nice to know what the parameters are, how many points in a 24 hour period, how many points are we giving each time, and how many points before you can give points to a member a second time. For the system to have a true value, and to reflect the respect that some of the more knowledgeable members deserve, the limits need to be removed, raised, or in the very least detailed.

The lack of response to this question, and it has been posted several times, leads one to think the answer may be withheld due to the fact there are many levels of restrictions, depending on who you are.

JMO and I don't mean to offend, just would like an answer.