Don't Mow For 24 Hours!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AMAC, Apr 27, 2004.

1. AMAC

AMAC LawnSite Member
    from MO

I sent the guys on route today, they cut every yard except one. They told me that True Green Chemlawn said to come back later and they can't cut the grass for 24 hours after application. They told me this and the %^& almost hit the fan!! I sent the guys back to the yard to cut it and told them that if True Green ever tells them to leave again, that they should tell True Green to Come back later after they cut.
    I'm sure most of you have your accounts on a 7 day schedule and you know how hard it is to get them all done after 3-4 days of rain. I wish I had been there when those a$$ #%^ told them to leave. Has any one else had this happen?

2. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

Calm down. Don't get so flustered about things like this. SUch things happen, but your reaction isn't professional.

3. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

I will usually skip them that week if im told not to mow,they still get billed the same.

4. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

If we were to skip NONE of our customers would pay for a cut we didnt do. I laughed in a lawn guys face once when he told me not to cut till the next day. In the spring when the grass is a foot deep every 7 days I am CERTAINLY NOT going to wait to cut it. As a matter of fact they SHOULDNT apply liquid fert to a lawn that hasnt been recently cut!

5. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

when I was working for a large company if this would happen we would just put it off until the next day. Got it done, didn't wait a week, didnt make any customers mad for charging for a cut that we didnt do and everyone was happy.

6. Turf Technologies

Turf Technologies LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

when I was working for a large company if this would happen we would just put it off until the next day. Got it done, didn't wait a week, didnt make any customers mad for charging for a cut that we didnt do and everyone was happy

I agree with this statement.The just pull it back one day next week.

7. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

Let THEM work around your schedule, not the other way around. that was always my policy and I didn't have problems. I told any customers who had a problem with that that they were welcome to call and get my scheduled day of cutting and then call the applicator and have them work around that.

8. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

I own both a chemical company and a mowing/landscaping company. I view it from both sides. On lawns we both treat and mow, we handle the conflict in the office. That being said there are a few we cut and someone else treats, I tell the crews if you see the sign don't cut it. First, it could ruin the application and then the client would want us to pay for it. Second, It could violate the re-entry requirements on the label of the product ( a violation in the eyes of the state). And third, it looks unprofessional to cut immediately after a treatment.

The chemical company is there once every 6 weeks to do a job that makes your work look better. Apreciate what they are doing for you. Stripes on a crappy lawn look like crappy stripes. Stripes on a lush, weed free, green lawn look like money in the bank.

9. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

I beg to differ. In the spring time lawns DO NOT need fert. Pre M and weed controls yes but not Fert. 85% of our lawns have a fert company and our non fert lawns look just as good BUT dont grow an INCH a day. YES an INCH a day. We pull up to our fertalized lawns every week and want to cry they are so deep. No need for fert in the spring. Early summer on then yes fert is great but NOT in the spring!!!!!:mad:

10. kory landscaping

kory landscaping LawnSite Member

If you cut the customers lawn on the same day every week, i would tell the customer to call True Green and have them switch there days to fertilize.

Wayne
    Kory Landscaping