dont see hardly any 21's on trailors

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawn storm, Feb 19, 2003.

1. lawn storm

lawn storm LawnSite Member

i hardly see 21's on trailers , i used to use mine all the time , till it got stolen ,it was then that i realized how much time i wasted with it.i hope who ever got it wastes more time than i did:D so who Carry's a 21 and for what reasons ?

2. djsmokin

djsmokin LawnSite Member

I have one for mowing places my Walker can't get to. Like around an area by a pool, or patio or a really nasty dirty lawn patch that I would not want to run my Walker into.

3. coonman

coonman LawnSite Senior Member

We use them all the time on our smaller gated lawns. Actual average (mowing) time on these lawns is about 10 min. Not a waste of time for us.

4. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Got a Lawn Boy push 21", use it for one raised area that is up 3 steps, small area, and I would use it anytime I get paid enough to use it instead of the Scag! If customer wants to pay XX extra for the push mower look, I will price accordingly to make the samer per hour as using the Scag, except it will be lower overhead, which makes up for the fact that I have to walk instead of stand.

5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

They were retired 2 yrs ago. I will not say never again, because if the money is right for the right job I might. But I don't have any intention to use them again.

6. iowapride

iowapride LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

I'm with hoss, I used mine the 1st year in business and swore I would never use one again. Eight years later, no push mower. Although I might have to buy one for myself. Put up a retaining wall and am going to need one for the top.

7. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have one because the lawns here in CO are .15 acre or less so, there is no point to having a 48" when you would have to take out ththe 21 anyways.

8. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

I still use mine a few times a week.

9. mowngrow

mowngrow LawnSite Senior Member

we use ours about twice a week. would not use it at all if i could get out of it.

10. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

I have two 21s. I use them all the time (daily). Probably about 10 to 15 hours a week. I dont use it if I dont have to though. I have some small back yards w/small gates. Also, some hilly lawns that pay well that require 21s.