don't think anyone cares but

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by cat2, Nov 20, 2007.

1. cat2

cat2 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Mi

I was talking to this guy he works construction, he runs a Cat mini excavator and a Cat skid steer. Thats all those guys run is Cat. He said he isn't impressed with the Cat machines. And the service isn't that good either. One time Cat had to come out and fix something, and he was really rude. He said they are seeing more and more John deere skid steers and equipment. Out his way

2. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

It's all in the dealership's attitudes.

3. cat2

cat2 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Mi

got that right:)

4. Fieldman12

Fieldman12 LawnSite Bronze Member

Deere is doing very, very well around here with skid steers, CTL's and mini excavators. Deere, Cat, Bobcat is the tops around here.

5. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Depends on the dealer. Cat here is the best there is.

6. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

Just today, we had a new (not in production yet for the next year) CT332 Deere demo dropped off- with a survey and everything. We had to sign confidentiality papers so that we wouldn't leak anything!

We had the similar Cat machine last week- and so far, we like the Deere much better. We didn't care for our Cat treatment much.... The Deere machine is a BEAST. I like the door style too- flip-up.

7. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Same here, There are 2 Bobcat Dealers, one is good and the other is not so good, I'd say worse but I'm afraid they are tracking my movements.

8. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

...thats why we don't buy Cats...that and they are one of the most expensive machines to fix...we have our radiator pulled out of the 955L right now and cat wants well over $2000 just for a new core...if you want a great machine with excellent dealer support around my area you go Case

9. Fieldman12

Fieldman12 LawnSite Bronze Member

I am not really what I would say die hard loyal to any brand. I will say that Cat, Deere, and Case are my top choices for equipment with Cat being my over all favorite. I could run other brands though such as Takeuchi, Bobcat, New holland, Komatsu, and Volvo. Really all of these brands mentioned have at least one piece of equipment they make that is really good. I go for not having to drive far to get parts, descent price on most parts, having a good service department if I do need them to work on it and resale. Deere still does not have the greatest resale on skid steers but I look at it this way. Who ever orginally bought my machine took the biggest hit. I have been pricing my machine and it still is worth about the same money I paid for it a year ago. Case and Bobcat have really good resale on there skid steers.

10. dozerman21

dozerman21 LawnSite Bronze Member

I won't ask you what info you're not allowed to talk about... just tell me how it's different than the current CT332?:)