Don't touch GoDaddy with a ten foot stick

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by PaperCutter, Mar 29, 2013.

1. birddseedd

birddseedd LawnSite Silver Member

pm me ur email. you should consider a redesign. theres alot of words on your website and lots of scrolling

2. locallawncare.ca

locallawncare.ca LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Thanks birdd, sent you a pm, I'll consider a re-design but for now it works, I dont get many customers from the internet, nor do I really want to, I'm trying to get more referrals and build business in areas that I'm already in, but a website is still a valuable part of a marketing/advertising plan.

3. birddseedd

an easier to use site can help get work in your area. targeted flyers still have your web address and they may look at the site before they call

4. locallawncare.ca

locallawncare.ca LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Very true, thanks alot.

5. greg8872

greg8872 LawnSite Senior Member

Just realized I missed this before...

Another big consideration of "what your neighbors are doing": Spamming people. If they send out enough spam, there is a better chance of that IP address getting blacklisted, and then receiving mail servers could start blocking your mail or start filtering it as spam, with or without notice to you.

Suddenly clients are no longer getting your e-mails in their inbox.

6. birddseedd

I suppose. although the chances of that happening are pretty much the same no matter what public SMTP server you use

I'm more worried about why my postal mail is not being received by my customers

7. Andrew Scherer

Andrew Scherer LawnSite Member

It's important to understand that Godaddys main business isn't hosting, its a domain registrar. The hosting is basically an upsell and if you go for it you'll be in a world of pain.

I have about 40 domains registered with them and I've never had an issue there. But when it comes to hosting I've heard a ton of bad things about it.

For hosting options, I would recommend hostgator, bluehost, or dreamhost over them for shared. All are very affordable and more practical. Hostgator being probably the better of the 3. If you're hosting just a single domain its like 5 bucks a month.

8. birddseedd

rack space.... yep