1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Don't touch me!

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by Colaguy, May 15, 2013.

1. Colaguy

Colaguy LawnSite Senior Member

I only have a few pet peeves that set me off & one is a client touching me, tapping me on the shoulder while working. There I was trimming some tall holly bushes, Stihl kombi, ear plugs and client tugs at my back. I stopped, turned off kombi, removed earplugs & with a smile asked client not to touch me while working because being startled might endanger my life or if I were to swing around with the kombi, seriously hurt the client. Told her to stay 15 ft away from me & trimmer. I was real nice about it but was pissed off w/o letting her know I was pissed off. lol. Silly clients.

I told her, if you need to get my attn, stand off and wave your arms & I'll stop. Later I'm on the 8ft ladder trimming ligustrum bushes. Husband of client wants them trimmed a certain height. Figure I'd better explain the safety rules to him also before I start! lol. Dont touch me or ladder, wave arms if u need me to stop. Stand far off to side. All said nicely to both parties, no scolding :laugh:
  2. dstifel

dstifel LawnSite Senior Member

Pet peeve whether I'm working or not. Don't touch me simple handshake is fine don't need my arm slapped or my shoulder rubbed I have a gf for that.
  3. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Same here. Handshake is fine. Also people who have to get 6"s from you when talking. This is my box, stay out of it.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. dstifel

dstifel LawnSite Senior Member

Yea and I don't need ur hand on my back while u point at something don't understand that.
  5. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

I had a guy put his hand on my shoulder about 5 times while taking to me face to face the other day, almost slapped him
  6. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

people are crazy
  7. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

I think they just wanna have sehx with you!
  8. gcbailey

gcbailey LawnSite Silver Member
    from WV

older men who refuse to wear their hearing aids and get right in your face... the Seinfield "close talker"... I must be amusing to watch me because I'll be constantly taking a step back and they take a step forward, and the next thing you know we just went from their front porch back to the curb.
  9. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

Heck got one worse than that. Got a boss hog type that used to come out and talk to me in his boxers smoking a cigar. Second time told him to haul his but back in the house and put some pants on before talking to me.
  10. Colaguy

Colaguy LawnSite Senior Member

Hows life treating you in destin? I thought about moving down to that area while back. Pensacola is ok but boring most of the time.