Don't turn your back on...........

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by plow kid, May 8, 2001.

1. plow kid

plow kid Banned

Your Equipment!!!
    Thieves are in full force!!!!
    Damm thieves got me today:( , they got 2 stihl fs 120 weed whips and a new deere backpack blower, I guess I will be "brown bagging" it for the rest of the week.:(
  2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

You are the second one from Ohio that got hit today. This is sad and I have had some of my stuff ripped off, it's not a good thing at all. Sorry to hear this.
  3. plow kid

plow kid Banned

the trimmers had seen better days and power was fading by the second, they were gonna get replaced anyways next month, but it was the blower missing that pissed me off:mad: , I guess tomorrow I will go and get new toys:cool:
  4. sgreanbean

sgreanbean LawnSite Member
    from cal

yesterday i was out takin care of the business and doing bids. i thought i would drive buy and see how my guys were doing. when i pulled up they were gone and my zero was still there , that im not worried about, the timmer they laid across the seat is what made me made so i took it! they were happy to get a but chewin than replace a 300 dollar timmer!
  5. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

That is sad that we have to lock our stuff up so someone can`t take it from us.I always lock the cab up but after reading these posts about stealing our equipt. I will be more careful:mad: :mad:
  6. cos

cos LawnSite Addict

Who here would like to just catch someone steling equipment? I would, I would love to see them hauled off to jail and even worse.
  7. Holloway Lawns

Holloway Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Who here would like to just catch someone steling equipment? I would, I would love to see them hauled off to jail and even worse.

How bought a hospital trip first then to jail.
  8. scottt

scottt LawnSite Senior Member

About a month ago I did catch someone stealing my equipment. I was driving down the highway kinda fast because I was late for school and I saw my trailer with what appeared to be most of my equipment. I called the police on my cell phone and they pulled him over, guns drawn and everything. When I got out I realized it wasn't my equipment, but the trailer was mine. I thought I was never going to see my dixie or toro walkbehind again. But it turned out the guy bought it off his friend and had all my mowers at his house, he even had a receipt for it all. So I got my trailer and my equipment back. Good thing I was running a little late. I now know it doesn't matter how secure your stuff is, if they want it they will find a way to get it.
  9. Grassman

Grassman LawnSite Member

This is a good lesson for you guys still using pickup trucks. Get 3/4 or 1ton vans and alarm them. For your mowers, go with enclosed trailers as soon as you can. Russ
  10. danlawnser

danlawnser LawnSite Senior Member

I was wondering if the trimmer racks and blower racks are worth it? I am talking for security purposes. Can they take the weedeaters and blowers right off the racks even if their locked?