dont you love "did you forget us"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by General Grounds, Dec 6, 2004.

1. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: were in the middle of leaf cleanups and final maint. we have a fall service agreement that states we start the week of thanksgiving and we should be done mid-december weather permitting. well nobody reads that line write next to where they sign and have to call and ask when are we coming or did we forget them,the funny thing is most of these PITAS ask to be done mid to late dec. to start. i wish they would make up ther mind, its only a leaf pick up. sorry guyz just had to vent from the amount of stupidity i deal with on a regular basis. tony

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Like I always said, this job would be great if I didn't have to deal with customers...

3. General Grounds

:rolleyes: rodfather, you are 100 % correct and the weather as well, but i think the customers are far worse. tony

4. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

this is why i just hate everybody

5. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

some prople r just morons and dont read

6. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

I've been getting those calls every day. Erase, erase, erase!!!! We are doing the best we can! The weather stinks.

7. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

LOL! Right on. :D

I get this all the time. I have street pickups on a schedule. I usually do the cleanups the day before. Invariably, I get calls that day "reminding me" that I have to come and do the cleanups. Yeah, I know, I've got a damned schedule. What bothers me is the people who think I was going to forget them until they call me, and then magically I show up a few hours later. No, I had you on the schedule anyway.

I always warn people that if they wait for the later pickup date, in December, that they are taking the chance that the weather is going to suck and I won't get to it because of rain, snow, etc. I've missed 2 cleanups so far this month with the weather, and of course the people who waited are complaining about missing the cleanup. I warned them, damnit!

:angry:

8. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

9. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

Guys- How close are you to finishing up? Today looks doubtful as does Friday, and there looks like a possibility of snow on Monday :angry:

10. General Grounds

:blob3: AL, I have a good solid 2 weeks of leaves, than another month of lot clearing and lots of firewood to split for next season, just cant wait to get the damn leaves done so theyll stop calling every other day. unreal. tony