dont you love "i know its been raining" but....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by General Grounds, Sep 6, 2003.

1. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob2: boy i love when a customer calls and says "i know its been raining", i hope you didnt forget to mow the lawn, or trim or whatever. nothin burns my ----- more than that stupid ?, just needed to vent. tony

2. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

Whats rain again??? havent seen any for a long time

3. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

same here, one customer, has about 8-10 hrs of trimming to do, called and said, "look, get it done, u can trim in the rain!!"

4. JML

JML LawnSite Senior Member

Tony im not to far from you so we have had the same weather conditions.. I had about 20% of my customers calling Friday, asking where we are at.. I really felt like calling them back and dropping them.. Its rediculous.....

5. mh1314

mh1314 LawnSite Member
    from Texas

What makes me madder is ME being stupid enough to continue cutting after a rain starts. I came off a commerical the other day looking like a Chia Pet. The cleanup took almost as long a the cutting.:p

6. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: JML, i hear ya its crazy, the worst this year by a long shot. where at the shore are you??

7. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

DO any of you all mow in the rain??? i dont, but ive been caught mowing in the rain sop i just finished real fast, is that ok, or should i stop, and wait till it stops raining?

8. ProLandscapes

ProLandscapes LawnSite Member

Here in Washington it rains nine months out of the year. If I don't mow/work in the rain then I would never get anything done. I actually like working in the rain and my mowers can handle it. I don't like having to unclog the mowers if we are bagging though.

Josh

9. GLAN

GLAN Banned

We cut in the rain. In the spring we are doing just about everything in the rain if we need to. Heavy rain we pause till it lightens up. Rarely will we call it quits or not go out. Sometimes we start later that day.

The work has to get done. The schedule has to be kept. Can't spend all season catching up.

10. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

The lco i work for in the summer, I work 5 days a week, 10 hours a day absolutley no questions asked. The policy on rain, if it has rained overnight, we still report on time but may not go out until 10 or 11. If it is raining, we go in and do other work.

My boss is also a builder as well as living on a larg estate which he is responsible for ALL groundswork.

So if we are not cutting grass, we are weeding, sweeping, washing and cleaning at the estate. Or painting, hauling, or landscaping at the houses which he is building.

We usually mow from about 8 until 6 and then spend another 1-2 hours doing his extras...