Door Advertising?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by topchoice, Jan 3, 2007.

1. topchoice

topchoice LawnSite Member

There was a thread earlier that talked about door hangers as a type of advertising for neighborhoods. Does anyone know of a good, cheap place whether through the internet or a national chain store where I can get those printed or ways to do them myself? I think this method of advertising will work wonders in my area!

2. Revival1906

Revival1906 LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

I purchased 1,000 from ( www.doorhangers.com ) for about $150 last Thursday. I expect to have them this weekend. I think you can purchase about 5,000 for $190. I didn't realize that for $40 more I could get 4,000 more hangers when I ordered it. Big mistake... 0.15 a piece versus 0.04.

3. WALKER LANDSCAPE

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

sakit.com paid $30.00 for 2000 9X12

4. Revival1906

Revival1906 LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

I wanted to check sakit.com out, but it does not work. It keeps coming up as a "for sale" domain name. Is it accurate?

5. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

:confused: I am getting the same thing. :confused:

6. topchoice

Is the 9x12 really large? I was looking more at 3 1/2 x 8 1/2, but I guess I can check out the difference when I get to the site. I also can't get the site. I even did a search for it and couldn't find it?!?!

7. topchoice

You wouldn't happen to have the pdf file that you get when ordering from there do you? I am having a hard time filling it out to be appealing, simple, yet productive and was wondering if I could use yours as an example?!? If it is good with you, I will be more than happy to give you my e-mail. Let me know, Thanks!!

8. Poncho25

Poncho25 LawnSite Senior Member

Here is what I used, it blended in pretty good, your more then welcome to use this just change the logo and numbers of course, i got a really good response when I used them, out of about 500 that i handed out i got 15 clients, of those I still have 8 of them. And I put those out in Aug.

Doorhanger3.JPG

9. topchoice

Awesome, thanks! I kind of had a similar thought in my head, but actually putting it down on paper was a different story. Did you get that from doorhangers.com also?

10. Poncho25

Poncho25 LawnSite Senior Member

no, i designed this myself and I went to a local print shop here where I live. I try to give business to small shops locally just as I would want them to give me their business instead of getting the big companys :) (all they did was add a few inches to the top for the door slit)

GL