Door hanger bags

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by bigkyle, Jan 25, 2007.

1. bigkyle

bigkyle LawnSite Member

Ok i know you obviously don't have to but i am making flyers for my buissness and was curious what people thought about puting my flyers in the door hanger bags and then putting them on peoples door.thanks

2. Ric3077

Ric3077 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have done it...I got the bags at www.ULINE.com I have had great luck with it...I have also done doorhangers and they worked well too.

3. bigkyle

bigkyle LawnSite Member

i figured maybe it would make a couple people actually look at it instead of them seeing just another flyer stuck in there door

4. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

5. abclawn05

abclawn05 LawnSite Member

Putting your flyers in door hanger bags work. You could spend a little extra money and have door hangers made up and it looks a little more professional on your part.

6. Prestige-Lawncare

Prestige-Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I prefer using a post card, and hanging it on the door for my advertising campaigns. The homeowner can take the custom post card from the bag, and file it, put it on their fridge door, give it to a nieghbor, etc ... and I believe it looks a little more professional then a door hanger. Nothing against door hangers ... it's just as that when I see them I think of a DO NOT DISTURB

7. Prestige-Lawncare

I prefer using a post card, and hanging it on the door for my advertising campaigns. The homeowner can take the custom post card from the bag, and file it, put it on their fridge door, give it to a neighbor, etc ... and I believe it looks a little more professional then a door hanger. Nothing against door hangers ... it's just as that when I see them I think of a DO NOT DISTURB sign at a hotel.

Okay now ... I'm sure I am going to get bashed by all who use door hangers ... but hey ... that's okay. That's what I like about a forum like this. We can all voice our opinions, like and dislikes, and things that work best for us. I have learned so much from this site just by simply reading what and how others run their business.

My post card this year will look something like this:

[​IMG]

8. Perfect Lawn

Perfect Lawn LawnSite Member

What size bags do you get for the post card

9. Prestige-Lawncare

Depends on the post card you use ... you can find about all sizes on eBay, as well as online websites that sell these items. For the smaller post card there is a bag that is 5.5x16 that works well. Bags, like everything else, you get a better price for a larger quantity .. so be sure and order what you need now, and some in the future all at once. Just do a search on eBay for "door hanger bags".

10. Perfect Lawn

Perfect Lawn LawnSite Member

:confused: