Door Hanger Bags

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Aleman, Jan 26, 2004.

1. Aleman

Aleman LawnSite Member

I was just looking through all the post on door hangers and checking different prices on the net. Then I found door hanger bags, seems like that might be a good way to go. Just stuff them with a flyer and maybe a business card. Has anyone used these instead of hangers? They are very cheap, like 12.50 or so for 500.

2. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

I used the ones from www.realgreen.com . They are nice. I'm trying full color door-hangers this year. I think the door-hangers are less bulky and easier to handle. I always had bags flying around my truck. I'm using the left over bags for invoices etc. Plus it takes longer then you think to stuff them bags. With door-hangers, you just grab them and go.

One tip: If you do use the bags. Stuff them while they are still on the cardboard handle, then you can just carry and hang. I made the mistake of stuffing them and tearing them off the night before I used them. They were hard to handle. If you stuff one, then flip it over, you can stuff them all without tearing them off.

Good luck,
    Soupy

3. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Lesco carries them as well, from what I remember, they were pretty cheap.

4. Aleman

Aleman LawnSite Member

Thanks for the replys, I think you may be right and just using a door hanger may be the easiest. It takes enough time hanging them without the the problems you mentioned with the bags.

5. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Not a bad idea with the flyer and cards but it does seem like a lot of extra work.

6. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

7. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Here is just a thought. If you have more time than money, you might want to leverage your time and go with flyers in bags. If you have enough money for door hangers and less time to spend stuffing them, then you might want to leverage your money and have door hangers made.

8. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest