Door Hanger Feedack

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Grass Gator, Dec 23, 2004.

1. Grass Gator

Grass Gator LawnSite Member

Greetings All -

Looking at using a new door hanger this coming season. As true professionals I value your imput on this sample....good, bad or ugly?

Thanks!

2. i_plant_art

i_plant_art LawnSite Senior Member

i like the doorhanger it looks nice and clean and straight to the point. if it were me i would change a few things though.
    1. Free estimates on all services change to Free Estimate ( it implies on all service no need to say it its too long to read with somethign that has a sehfl life of 1 minute or less.
    2.Shrub Trimming should be Shrub Prunning - i have found that Trimming and Shrub Trimming people see to relate them together even though to us its totally different .. it would help to differintiate them....
    3. change landscape upgrades to landscape enhancments by saying "upgrades" it implys to people that their yard is not good enough or not nice enough or out of style/date ...basically its kinda insulting in a sorts.
    4. revers home putting greens- new for 2005 to New for 2005 !- Home putting greens. The word NEW catches peoples attention faster. Makes them spend more time reading it.
    5. in the price section at the bottom change it too " The price to service your lawn on a weekly basis is only _____________ with a seasonal agreement/contract. ( or if you dont use agreements then __________ based on weekly seasonal service.

Change these few things and it would catch better and be more apt to marking towards people. I have found that short and to the point is what gets sales. Flyers and doorhanger have a shelf life of rouhgly 30 seconds to 2 minutes b4 they get trashed.

Hope this helped ya out some.

3. Grass Gator

Awesome!!!!

Thanks for the ideas......will make the changes accordingly.

4. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

What program did you edit the file in?

I know the template is from Gopher Software.

5. Grass Gator

Microsoft Publisher.

Yes, just used the pic form Gopher....everything else was done in Publisher.

6. precisioncut

precisioncut LawnSite Senior Member

That house I have seen a million times on many different ads from other LCO's. Is it some kind of common template?

But it looks good. You need to have the picture moved down a bit so the hole doesn't block it. The pic is a focal point.

Where is your LOGO? Phone #?

If you can get things done on the backside, I would put all the "extra" info on the back and save the Front for your LOGO, PHONE, and your PRICE BOX.

Just my .02!

7. Grass Gator

Thanks!

This is the back side of the door hanger. I do have the logo and phone number on the front side.

As for the hole cutout......should we just leave blank? I debated as to what color to make that area....

8. glllc

glllc LawnSite Member
    from CT

do you have a logo?

9. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Grass Gator,

I think it looks great. Could we see the other side too?

If anyone else is interested in using that style door hanger, visit here to download the template.

10. Grass Gator

Latest design....front and back of door hanger

back door 22.jpg

front door 22.jpg