Door hanger hole punchers

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by green-pa, Mar 13, 2007.

1. green-pa

green-pa LawnSite Senior Member

ANyone know where on the web u can order a door hanger hole puncher? I tried Office max and they didin't have any. I got a drill bit but It's meant for wood and thus just shredded my stack of paper I tested it on ( an old phone book). Office max charges $450+ for 1,000 colored flyers. However, I have a nice printer and can do the same for about $50 or less! Just need to find the right puncher. I did searches for about 1/2 an hour on the internet but found nothing but standard 1,2,3 hole puchers.;)

2. firstdew

firstdew LawnSite Member

I wonder if you check out your local craft store if they might have something in their scrapbooking section that would get it done. It would probably take you longer, but if you've got a few kids or a sweet wife, maybe they'd give you a hand.

3. Ecoscape01

Ecoscape01 LawnSite Senior Member

They cut them for me too. I saw more than one machine for cutting so I might check that out. See if they can do that.

4. toac

toac LawnSite Senior Member

5. ncls

ncls LawnSite Senior Member

6. Total.Lawn.Care

Total.Lawn.Care LawnSite Senior Member

7. 1999frontier

1999frontier LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

I got mine at a local craft store.

8. dekalb lawn man

dekalb lawn man LawnSite Member

In my opinion its cheaper just to order from somewhere and have them shipperd right to your house/office. Ijust ordered 3000 door hangers and 3000flyers for $230 from www.3000doorhangers.com. I will let you know how they turn out when they get here.

9. PSO058

PSO058 LawnSite Member

try "Michaels" craft store if you have one around you.

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

You can't go by the results of a phonebook, because of the thickness of the pages. It is entirely different. A wholesay would work, but you have to compress the hangers together where they are going to be cut. 2 C clamps with small wood slats (to distribute the compression) would work. You just have to plunge the saw slow. If you have a drill press, that would be the best thing.