Door Hanger holes (dicuts?)

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by metomeya, May 17, 2004.

1. metomeya

metomeya LawnSite Member

I finally made my door hangers, the only thing was it took FOREVER. On the advice of kc2006 i just pritned them at a copy servie and cut out the holes by hand.

If i had like I don't know 150 to cut it wouldnt' take too long (1 and a half hours i would guess).

But the copy service told me to make more prints to save money, so I printed 200 with 2 on each side so about 400 hangers to cut.

OH MY GOD that took forever. Haha

Anyways I was wondering if there was a device that would cut the hole for me. I know about dicuts, but the ones sold at the craftstores are made so that you can only cut the hole at the edge of the paper. And i can't get my hands on a big dicut machine.

Isn't there some kind of drill press for paper like how they have for wood? (i tried a drill with a very wide head, but it ripped up the thick paper)

I would buy the precut ones but its more than double the price of the normal cardstock. And by the time i buy 2 ($40) i probably could have bought the machine that would it for me.
  2. JTSearcy

JTSearcy LawnSite Member

Have you tried Door hangers direct? I've ordered door hangers and 3 part carbon custom invoices from their parent company SOS printing. Here is their website:\

Hole in 1 Lawn Aeration
  3. metomeya

metomeya LawnSite Member

Ah cardstock much better than the 20 dollars i spent on coverstock with perforated instead of precut holes.

Also is that right when it says
    $19.80 per thousand finished pieces + shipping charges

$20 for a thousand sheets? Man what a deal,

I was just wondernig much shipping usually costs?
  4. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

5. Green & Clean

Green & Clean LawnSite Member
    from Utah

My wife has a graphic design business. Sometimes to keep costs down for customers, or for our own door hangers we cut the holes ourselves. We stack the hangers 100-200 at a time between two pieces of wood, clamp it together and cut through the entire sandwich with a hole saw. Cut a slot with a razor knife if needed, and your done.
  6. mbean408

mbean408 LawnSite Member

^i have 1,000 door hangers in front of me on regular computer paper, does this work effectively while maintaining a clean cut? ive been looking for an idea like this for the past 3 hrs, haha :clapping:
  7. SangerLawn

SangerLawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from indiana

Lol…the bad part is…most subdivisions have over 600 houses and on average you will only get about 2 customers for every 100 you pass out….your gonna need more lol
  8. clean_cut

clean_cut LawnSite Bronze Member

By a hole saw you mean a circular 'saw' that just goes into a drill/drillpress like a regular drill bit right?

So this has worked well for you? I'm thinking about doing that myself.
  9. mbean408

mbean408 LawnSite Member

yea, i understand, but this was a spur of the moment and i got them made in like a 3 day period from a clients place of business so if the hole saw works i can easily grab as many as i please
  10. SangerLawn

SangerLawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from indiana

I hate to tell you this but…if you use a saw you are going to tear up all of your hangers and have one heck of a mess on your hands!!!!! Trust me…this isn’t a good idea lol