Door hanger. Please Critique

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by nateturner, Mar 18, 2011.

1. nateturner

nateturner LawnSite Member

Please Critique this door hanger. Say whatever you want, i just want the best door hanger out there and i want to order in the next day or two. Thanks.

nathans-door-hanger-web-version.gif

2. StihlBR600

StihlBR600 LawnSite Senior Member

Thats a really good looking door hanger. Ive always thought about putting a picture of myself on mine but i dont think people give a crap. One thing i would take out is "all commercial equipment" they just dont care. And if you do spring/fall cleanups and mulch put that on there too. oh yeah you should offer edging too

3. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Door hanger and flyer design is a crap shoot. Trying to anticipate the public's reaction is tricky and fickle.

If I was physically incapable of mowing my lawn I just might call you. You look clean cut, probably not a smoker etc. People do discriminate on appearances. I'd rather see a picture of the owner of the Co. vs. a stock worthless photo of lawn or landscape. If you operated in my area I would seriously consider having you work for me as sub. I personally am very picky about who I hire for subcontractors or employees.

Not sure if I like the Best prices in town but that is waaaay better than lowest prices.

All the best
    :waving:

4. nateturner

oh ya, i forgot to put edging. My reasoning behind the "all commercial equipment" is that im a teenager people dont usually take teens seriously but i want to be taken seriously. Some people think that since im a teenager that i dont have equipment and they think that im wanting to use theirs haha. so thats sort of why i put that there. by seeing the flyer do you get the impression that im a teen? just curious. but thanks. keep feeding.

5. StihlBR600

StihlBR600 LawnSite Senior Member

Yes i did for sure. It pretty obvious. I am still a teen myslef. I started when i was 16 but i learned quick that people dont give a crap that your a teen they just want a professional lawn care company. Part of the business when starting out is "looking and sounding profesisional". so make it sound like your a known company. They dont think you have the expierence so theyll jusr hire a big company.

6. nateturner

So do i look and sound professional and look like i have experience? Or no? If not then what should i change to make it sound more professional? Thanks

7. lawnangel1

lawnangel1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from KY

Looks Good.

8. Exact Rototilling

Exact Rototilling LawnSite Fanatic

Yes...keep the picture...I think it will work to your advantage ....if you can edge well that is a huge plus.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. por911

por911 LawnSite Member

Looks good, start putting them out. Good luck.

10. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

How about licensed and insured?