Door Hanger rate, how long?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by fairways, Feb 26, 2006.

1. fairways

fairways LawnSite Member

Just curious how long it takes your guys to hand out door hangers, think I may have some boys milking the clock! Don't tell me to search, I did. Thanks

2. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

if they are american then yes they probably are. pay per flyer and do random checks. we are passing out are first flyers in 5 years and boys just started. shouldnt take very long though.

3. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

I just think there's a variable that makes it hard to answer. How far apart are the houses? Are we talking tight-knit neighborhoods, or are we talking large estates where each driveway is a quarter mile long?

4. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

There was an thread on this just the other day. I think the average was somewhere around 100 an hour. I hired some hispanics a few years to help me with this. All of them worked with me at my full-time job. One guy acted like he was being paid by the peice. I saw him sprinting from yard to yard. It was pretty funny to watch him. It didn't last more than a few yards and he was then out of breath and to a normal pace.

5. mikefromny

mikefromny LawnSite Member

forget about a hour how many you guys doing per day?>?

6. SouthernYankee

SouthernYankee LawnSite Senior Member

I found a high school kid who works for me passing out hangers after school. He really wants to work and can pass out anywhere from 75-100 an hour depending on the neighborhood and how far the houses are from the street.

This kid is motivated and really moves, but a lot depends on your workers and how your "hoods" are set up.

7. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

In my area where the sub divisons have lots that are 2-3 aceres with atleast a 100-150 ft drive way it almost seems like it would take too long to get any # of hangers out.

What do you guys think?

8. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

That's why in the next week or two I am going to get me one of those little gas powered scooter. That should speed things up for me and not get me so tired at the end of the day.

9. Blade-o-grass

Blade-o-grass LawnSite Member

I average 100 per hour....

10. Precision Lawns

Precision Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

my Pregnant wife and I can do 2 average sized (150 houses) subdivisions in 2.5 - 3 hours. when I say pregnant I'm talking 7.5 months pregnant. :)