Door hanger that is working for me

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by rmarkham, Jun 7, 2006.

1. rmarkham

rmarkham LawnSite Member

Been hanging these at 500 per week. Been getting on average 1 to 2 percent response rate as was suggested on this site. Still getting calls. Since this is my first year and started just last month I feel these have been very successful for me. Took the picture myself, used Adobe Illustrator for the typeset, and had 48hourprint print the door hangers. Just a suggestion for anyone that is just starting.
  2. All_Clear

All_Clear LawnSite Senior Member

Unable to see them... Coming up as red X's
  3. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

1+mb for JPG's is really big, and I am also getting an error with the JPG's too. try to resize them and shrink the file size to around 150-250KB
  4. rmarkham

rmarkham LawnSite Member

See if this works......
  5. rmarkham

rmarkham LawnSite Member

One more try at this.........

This is still not working.

Just a note of encouragement to do your own door hanger. It is not that hard.
  6. JJLandscapes

JJLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

most places dont charge to much for the layouts ifg anything it is a one time $50-100 fee if its very custom and after a few years it pays off

You can do anything with those adobe programs but most people probably have zero clue how to use them especially all the old timer landscapers lol jk

Maybe you should start a lil side job and charge for flyer designs if you know the program you can make them in a minute
  7. Tim03

Tim03 LawnSite Member

I cannot see it either, I would really like to see it.
  8. creedua

creedua LawnSite Member

i could due the design for hangers just let me know.
  9. tennman

tennman LawnSite Member

How is the Gravely 34Z working for you?
    Do you find yourself turning down jobs that it will not work on such as hills or slopes.
    I also have this mower as my sole unit and hope to start a part time mowing business in whats left of this season or next.
    I was thinking of targeting houses with gated back yards that this little unit would be perfect for. I would have to be somewhat selective with the yards due to layout.
  10. rmarkham

rmarkham LawnSite Member

The 34z is great. Haven't turned down any work yet. Mulches fine and have cut some really thick grass. Had a small issue with the slope on 1 or 2 yards though. Just try and attack at a different angle. I haven't pulled my
    22" personal pace off the trailer once. I use the trimmer to get the small areas I cannot reach with the 34z. It has been a perfect fit for me. Will look into buying another larger Gravely when I am already to expand. Looked at the phazer and the gravely was built much better. Kinda like a tank compared to a Volkswagen. The 34z was $200.00 cheaper and the mulcher was $100.00 cheaper than the exmark phazer. Besides the production of the 34z has been longer and no real world experience to speak of about the phazer.

Just my 2 cents.....