1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Door Hangers Arrived Today!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by echeandia, Mar 2, 2007.

1. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

If you put a price on the flyer you are turning your service into a commodity. Additionally, I think it makes you look like the kid down the street. I think its okay to say "prices starting at $$..." or "priced from $$...". But to fix a price when you haven't had a chance to evaluate the situation could lead to problems.

2. Green-Cuts

Green-Cuts LawnSite Member

How long did it take you to get your door hangers from the time you gave them the ok, to the time they were in your hand? I am looking at this but am on a time crunch and need to find out. How much did they cost you to get designed by the way?

Thanks
    Brandon Jolley

3. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

I ordered them on 2/22 and they arrived on 3/2 via UPS ground (California to Virginia). The package actually left their site on 2/23. I think that kind of turn around is unusually fast. I ordered my business cards the same day and they were shipped until 3/2. I am expecting those today. You can pay more for quicker turnaround and shipping. The box weighed almost 40 pounds for 2500 4x9 hangers to give you idea of the paper quality.

The design was part of an entire package I wanted done. It included a logo, the door hanger, business card, and web site. The door hanger design was $175.