door hangers being passed out?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by contourbs, May 30, 2005.

1. contourbs

contourbs LawnSite Member

i have 2500 hangers,its hard work passing them out walking door to door. i think im gonna put them in a bag with some rocks. i know its not has nice as walking door to door, but i want to pass out as many as i can right now. what do you guys think

2. arkylady

arkylady LawnSite Member

If I came home from work and someone had left something in my driveway that I had to walk from my garage to go pick up I'd be more than a little irritated :D

At least if it's on the door it's not hard to grab and either look at it or throw it away.

3. Howard Roark

Howard Roark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I would highly suggest NOT doing this.

4. gogetter

gogetter Banned

It's like littering, don't do it.
    I think if you take the time to put them on the door you will get more calls then if you put a rock in them and throw them near the door.

5. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Have you thought about getting one of those electric or gas powered scooters? This fall, when I do my aeration & chem app campaign, I think I will use of of those. I know the electric ones only cost around $300 and could be very efficient for delivering door hangers. I spoke with a guy at the GIE a few years back and he said he made a killing in aertions by putting grass seed in bags with his flyer and throwing them out. Everytime I start to think about it, I think it would be considered littering more times than not.

6. DiscoveryLawn

DiscoveryLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I hired another company to pass out my flyers along with his. He put the flyers in a bag with a rock and threw them on driveways. It looked like crap when I drove down the road and saw all those bags on the ground. Some of the flyers blew out of the bags and were scattered about. I got two calls complaining about it and was threatened to be reported for littering. I called the other company and stopped him immediately.

David

7. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

<marquee loop="infinite" bgcolor="#DDDDDF"><font color="#000000">Have a tax question? Ask our CPA. Click Here </font></marquee>
    Hi contourbs,

I can understand this is alot of work but I think the great thing about handing out the door hangers is the potential opportunity to meet and talk with potential customers while they are outside. There is nothing like getting a chance to meet you in person to allow you to set yourself apart from competitors.

8. greeneakers04

greeneakers04 LawnSite Member

I finally bit the bullet and have hired help to pass out doorhangers. I was seriously toying with the rock in baggy method (since I am cheap) and voted it officailly a bad idea.