1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Door hangers for lawn care?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by PLS-Tx, Jan 24, 2008.

1. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

When do you guys in the south start putting out door hangers for lawn care?
  2. Military Lawns

Military Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

To be honest with you I do not use them. I think they are tacky because it tends to tell other people you are not home. In fact, the local Chinese restaurants always throw them in my driveway with a fortune cookie. Nothing I hate more than coming home after a hard days work and have a bunch of garbage in my yard to pick up.

Now, some people swear by door hangers and they very well might work for you. I just hate stuff hanging off of my door.

The answer to your question and I do apologize for getting off wrong..the early part of March is a great time to start hanging them. Hope that you have a lot of success with them.

3. PLS-Tx

from Texas

Thanks, but it's a bit late, we have 2000 of them on the way. We do plan to hang them on the door, not on the driveway.

I'm thinking Feb 1st.
  4. GrassmasterB

GrassmasterB LawnSite Member
    from Florida

i'll be starting the first week of february. but i don't advertise much. just need a couple yards, in select neighborhoods, to help pay for my new walker i'm buying next month. personally i like door hangers. they show you put forth effort. the new way of advertising in my area is a ziploc bag w/ rock and business card. truck drives by and throws bag in front yard. really aggrevates me to come home and find my yard littered with advertisements.
  5. PLS-Tx

from Texas

Thanks for moving another one of my threads!
  6. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Threads are generally moved for organizational purposes. Otherwise the commercial mowing forum would become a huge hodge podge of every topic and subject known to the green industry.
    Door hangers are about advertising which belongs in the business forum.
    Moving your thread is not about singling you out, it's just about keeping some order in an ever growing forum.
  7. Lawn-Sharks

Lawn-Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

Ya i have to agree with you i dont like to pick up trash in my yard because some lazy lawn company threw their junk on my lawn in a baggie with a rock."JUST LAZY" but back to the subject i use door hangers as well and i always start in the middle of jan. it seem to give me a head start on the competition.