Door hangers in the snow!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by alpine692003, Dec 28, 2003.

1. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

uhm.. Would you guys start putting out door hangers about your lawn care if your city has snow?

or would you wait til it's season or it clears up?

I have snow in my city right now, but it won't last forever!

Snow will be gone ina few days, but I dont offer snow removal service because we only get snow a few times a year!

So, would hanging door hangers be a stupid thing to do right now with the weather?

2. jslandscapecompany

jslandscapecompany LawnSite Member

I usually don't waste my personal time working on things until I think that the work is going to lead to more work. I don't know how your seasons go up there, but in the snow belt of Ohio, I usually pull my ads for mowing and related services until early march. Only the price hunters usually call for prices right now and frankly, I don't want them anyway.

3. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Alpine,

Here is a quote from this post.

"For me I advertise in the fall, mostly for commercial, and in the spring for residential. YP ad is in all year."

4. precisioncut

precisioncut LawnSite Senior Member

most aren't thinking of there lawn right now, there thinking of how to get out of there driveway. Advertise in the spring, March-Late Feb or so.

5. brentsawyer

brentsawyer LawnSite Senior Member

Do it as soon as the snow melts. Basically do it before anyone else because ones that are looking will take the first one get a quote, take it. Baicially, I try to do it when no one else is. Delivered about 800 this spring, 1 new customer and 3 other calls. This fall 400 and twice the response. It may not be the time when people are looking but your competition is not there competing for your calls and this makes it harder for customers to call more than one for getting a better price and therefore I have felt less pressure to price the job just right and feel a little more free to quote a little higher.