Door Hangers or Bags with rocks

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by sfddelta1, Oct 23, 2007.

1. I have been in landscape and irrigation installation for almost 10 years doing new construction with a very small amount of mowing. With the severe down turn in the home market our work is almost dried up completely. I am looking for suggestions on picking up com. accounts and resd. accounts. I would like to pick up some leaf removal and fall clean up jobs and I torn between door hangers and the baggy with a rock idea for hitting the subdivisions. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

I would also be interested in purchasing accounts or a complete company.

Thanks For The Help
    Eric

2. PlatinumLandCon

PlatinumLandCon LawnSite Bronze Member

Bag with rock = dumb idea IMO

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

This has been discussed so many times, it is worn out. Bags with rocks? Litter, Lazy, and Tacky. It goes way beyond that even on the proper delivery of marketing items...including proper etiquette. One of the examples of this is walking up and down the driveways and walks, rather than cutting across the lawns. This is one of the things discussed, and there are alot of good points brought up around this. try a search, and I'm sure you'll find some good stuff. Hope this helps.

4. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Door hangers look very very nice, bags with rocks look ok. You can do infinatly more bags with rocks than doorhangers done not walking across lawns, just depends on how much advertizing you want to get done and how much time you have to do it.

5. mojob

mojob LawnSite Senior Member

A company in my area has a pretty slick idea in my opinion. I don't know where they got them, but they have biz card size cards with hard plastic covers that they throw in driveways. Their latest card had Christmas tree lighting on one side and sprinkler blowouts on the other. I'm guessing you could cover a lot of ground with this set up.

6. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Hey MoJob,
    I saw the pic of your grass loader setup, nice stuff. Where are you in N. CO?