1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

DOOR HANGERS vs. DIRECT MAIL

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Air818, Jan 25, 2013.

?

DOOR HANGER vs. DIRECT MAIL

1. DOOR HANGER

10 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. DIRECT MAIL

9 vote(s)
    45.0%
  3. EMAIL

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. OTHER

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  1. Air818

Air818 LawnSite Member

We have done both over the years to attract new clients. But in this ever changing world I would love to hear what everyone thinks. What has worked best for them to attract new clients at start of season. Thanks...

Thank you all.:usflag:

2. Air818

Air818 LawnSite Member

Is it a time thing. Or is it a proven result thing. Door hanger or Direct mail

3. Air818

Air818 LawnSite Member

:usflag:

thank you

4. newguy123

newguy123 LawnSite Bronze Member

I've read it's more of a timing matter than anything else. Just Mowing claimed this and his postcards were not much to look at. But he was direct in the approach and as he claimed timing was everything.

5. patrick6411

patrick6411 LawnSite Member

I have only done Door hangers. I am thinking about doing direct mail this year. I guess I like meeting the people, but times change and my feet are tired lol

6. New2TheGreenIndustry

New2TheGreenIndustry LawnSite Senior Member
    from GA

I've never done door to door, but it seems like an incredible waste of time. You can put up...what...about one door hanger a minute, if that?

7. Jaybrown

Jaybrown LawnSite Bronze Member

How much does direct mail cost ??

8. CreativeLawncareSolutions

CreativeLawncareSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

9. Air818

Air818 LawnSite Member

Ya I have done both, HORRIBLE response on my first attempt at direct mail, but I have had great success with door hangers...:walking:

10. Bill H

Bill H LawnSite Member

There is a new program that USPS offers. It's called EDDM. You can get your own direct mail piece designed and drop it off to the post offer for delivery for only 14.9 cents each! Definitely check it out!